Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

What can I do about my ex's visitation?

My ex-husband and i were divorced 2 years ago and visitations and everything have been going smooth. Well recently he started dating a girl known to be on meth and on probabtion for stealing pain pills from the local pharmacy. My son just came home from their last visit saying he woke up to dad and his gf wrestling naked. My kids and my ex share a room at the place he is staying because hes staying with friends. What do I do??

Answer Question

Asked by mommyriebel at 12:50 PM on Jul. 5, 2010 in General Parenting

Level 2 (11 Credits)
Answers (7)
  • Call your lawyer.

    Answer by Saya at 12:52 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

  • i have to agree with saya. id call your lawyer. sounds like dad is choosing this girl over them and since you can be taken to court if you tell him he cant see them when there is a court order saying yes he can then all you can do is try to get it changed.

    Answer by mommy06and09 at 12:54 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

  • Smack him upside the head and ask him what he is thinking?!!!! Tell him from now on he is coming to see his kids in your home. Lawyer up if you have to, but try to resolve it with him first.

    Answer by Anna92464 at 1:07 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

  • LAWYER TIME!!!!!!!!!!!

    Answer by suzzeee at 1:37 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

  • I agree with the others, contact your lawyer and see what can be done, maybe you can ask that the courts not allow her present at visitations (especially if she has a drug problem and has a police record) or see if visitations can be changed to supervised only.

    Answer by MizLee at 5:45 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

  • Well, I hate to say this but unfortunately I don't think the court will care if it's just one time now and then, they'd probably say "oops, we they walked in on us", releasing themselves from any responsibility. BUT if it keeps happening and there is more inappropriate behavior you can definately call him into court. You need to document any and all things, that is what my lawyer told me anyway. If there is a way to get proof of things that happen (not that I am sure) that would help. Lawyers and court are usually pretty useless. You'd better have a lot of money to spend, lots of proof and then be prepared for them to slap them on the hand. If she is proven to be a drug head though, you can keep her from being around them.

    Answer by SassyStinger at 8:42 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

  • Instead of calling a lawyer right away, is there any way that you can simply have a talk with your x about what your son said? Let him know your concerns, an open, honest relationship is always going to be better than bringing in a lawyer and dragging him to court.

    Answer by gumby11883 at 1:07 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.