Why do I have to sign a consent form for sex education for my child in school but there is no consent for passing out condoms?

Thanks for answering my condom questions. lol I have to think about these things ya know. I have 3 kids that will be in HS one day.

3gigglemonsters

Asked by 3gigglemonsters at 1:02 PM on Jul. 5, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Because once you drop your kids at the schoolhouse door, they're no longer yours. The government has control over them, which is why we homeschool our children.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 1:19 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Because it is not your right to deny your minor child sex. Even though condoms aren't even 90% effective at stopping STDs or pregnancy although, the "safe sex" advocates will tell CHILDREN that they are.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 1:12 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Good point, Matthewscandi! There is a lot of misinformation being presented to kids even in formal sex-ed.

Bethsunshine, you hit the nail on the head! We aren't homeschooling, but we do reject the public schools for pretty much the same reason.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 1:24 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Politics. Power struggles....eventually you won't be signing a consent form for sex ed.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 1:06 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• there should be
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 1:06 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• it should be part of the sex ed
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 1:07 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I don't know.... hmmm.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:08 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Excellent point, giggle (can I call you that?). My DD is starting kindergarten at a parochial (Catholic) school this year, and DS will go there, too. I don't think it will be so much of an issue there. I am a nurse, so I plan on teaching the kids the pros and cons of all forms of birth control (because none of them is perfect). I personally feel that abstinence until marriage is best, but the kids will decide for themselves what they will do. We only have these few years of influence, then we have to hope that we equipped them to make good decisions.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 1:10 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Isn't it a part of teh sex ed?

In my hs our parents didnt have to sign anything,,,it was taught in health class

Nothing about morality, just the facts about STD's, pregnancy and prevention and the ramification of the decision of having sex, which could mean a life long STD or your LIFE

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 1:24 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• lol lam! I appreciate.
    3gigglemonsters

Comment by 3gigglemonsters (original poster) at 1:32 PM on Jul. 5, 2010