Isolated and depressed

I have no social life and I feel sad that my child doesn't have friends to play with. We play together, but I know that my child needs to interact with other kids to build up those social skills. I can take the city bus to go places, but most of the time I can barely pay my bills and I try to save my bus fare for when I really have to go out, like when I have to go grocery shopping and things like that. Bus tickets are so expensive and I have to pay for my child to ride the bus. I'm so alone and I don't know where to turn. What can I do? I've tried meeting other moms on a different mommy site, but most of the time no one wants to meet up, they would prefer to only talk in the cyber world.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:02 PM on Jul. 5, 2010 in Health

• Go to your local library for starters and enjoy the children's story time. Sometimes it's a PJ storytime in the summer. There also might be flyers there telling about other things going on in your city. Check the newspapers and visitor's center, both actual and online, for what's going on in your community. Good luck!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 1:06 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• i am sorry you are feeling this way. do the best you can to get out there, take walks with your baby and go to the park or something like that. when you see other moms playing then go talk to them. i know how it feels to be strapped for cash. it sucks. you are a good momma, keeo your chin up ok. do the best you can and things will get better. (((BIG HUGS))) to you!!
    Preggydyke

Answer by Preggydyke at 1:08 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I'm sorry it can't be easy. When my kids were little I went to the local library almost everyday, they had story time for the kids and just getting out of the house helped keep the blues away. Maybe there's a local chapter of a moms club you could join.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 1:09 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Do you have a park near you that you could walk to? My son loves going there and always finding new friends to play with, Look online to see what may be going on near you that you could make a full day out of so the bus fair would be worth it.
    JacobsMommy05

Answer by JacobsMommy05 at 1:10 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I have felt that way at times too, your not alone. You can pm if you would like...I know you would like to actually meet up with mom's and you and I are most like not from the same state, but just go out for walks and playgrounds in your area and strike up conversations with the other moms/grandmom's/babysitters. I don't get out much either and sometimes I feel very isolated so I completely understand.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 1:10 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• try to google playdates in your area. i was at the park the other day, and a mom asked if i was there for the playgroup. they meet up online and have a schedule of diff activites and meet at others houses. gl
    rileymommy

Answer by rileymommy at 1:12 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• My oldest daughter has the same problem, I wish I had advice for you...When I was young, I joined a playgroup, also met other moms at church, and in the neighborhood...
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 1:05 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Start your own play group and also go to the local rec center. There are even groups in areas where you can workout with other mothers google it. GL Momma
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 1:37 PM on Jul. 5, 2010