How to go about getting a reasonably priced foot xray?

I hurt my foot yesterday and it hurts to walk on and is swollen so I feel I need to get an xray done. Is there anywhere I can go other than the ER? Or is that my best bet? I do not have insurance. Thanks!

Krystal.Ingalls

Asked by Krystal.Ingalls at 1:10 PM on Jul. 5, 2010 in Health

• There's no harm in calling the clinic first and asking what they charge. You may even want to check into a podiatrist - mine has his own xray machine, and it was really inexpensive (compared to the emergency room) to get it done. If you are in a lot of pain you really should get it checked, and then set if it's broken.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 2:11 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Do you have any non emergency Clinics in town? Where you go when it isn't ER worthy, but still need to see a doc.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 1:12 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• There's an urgent care clinic about 30 minutes away. But, you have to pay up front and I don't know how much it will be.
    Krystal.Ingalls

Comment by Krystal.Ingalls (original poster) at 1:13 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• (unless it is your ankle or leg) they dont do anything for a broken foot anyways. They may (set) a toe with a splint (you can buy those at any drug store or make one. and if it is a bone in your foot that you cracked they again dont do anything except tell you to ice it rest and take Alive or Tylenol or something similar. and they will tell you to try and not walk on it. There ya go ...saved ya $$$$$ LOL GL hun. hope ya feel better soon.
    hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 1:14 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I answered your earlier question: but I didnt' tell you about my experience: I "popped" something in my foot just walking. It hurt like HE!!. It swelled up terribly. I went to the er, had the xray, and they said it wasn't broken but that the sprain was bad, and that a break would heal better/faster....they were right....it took about 2 months to get better. Seriously, I don't want to tell you NOT to get the xray if you want it....but you really need to find out your cost before you go. It may really not be worth it.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 2:55 PM on Jul. 5, 2010