Any ideas as to why my period has came on 16 days after the last period?

Period has been coming every 28 days like normal since I stopped breastfeeding, now all of a sudden it has came on today just 16 days after my last one. Wondering if I should be worried or is this normal for some ppl? O and I am not cramping or anything like how they usually are.

kenywoodsmom08

Asked by kenywoodsmom08 at 1:15 PM on Jul. 5, 2010 in Health

• They say there is different levels of hormones after you have a baby and that includes breastfeeding. Your hormones might be a little out of wack since you just stopped breastfeeding. But I would still ask your doctor about it just to make sure.
    christy911

Answer by christy911 at 1:19 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• mine did too. Have you taken anything..I took provera to help start my period. I had a period on june 12th. and another one started june 27th. I called my OB and the nurse told me it was normal to have break through bleeding with that drug the first month because its thinning out the lining of the uterus but it should be back to normal after my next period.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 1:26 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• stress?
    as a teen i got two periods a month because of high stress levels.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 2:56 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• now that I think about it, maybe it is stress. A lot has happened this month and got my nerves all worked up, maybe that is why I am menstuating.
    kenywoodsmom08

Comment by kenywoodsmom08 (original poster) at 9:16 PM on Jul. 5, 2010