anybody ever had to take their small pets to the vet? rodents, lizards, etc...

what was the cost? what was wrong? we have to take our guinea pig this afternoon. We've only had him a little over a month and he seemed perfectly health when we got him but now he has this dander build up on one spot of his back and his scratch and bit it so bad its bleeding. I'm not even sure if this is dander or if it could be something worse.. poor little piggy =( I just hope i don't have to spend hundreds of dollars. We just spent 200 hundred on our cat. Any insight on what this could be?

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 1:18 PM on Jul. 5, 2010 in Pets

• We took my hamster once when I was younger. I thought the hamster and the cat could play together, but the cat bit the hamster and punctured his lung. I was heartbroken. They kept him overnight, but he died anyway. I think that was only like $40. Then we took my guinea pig because he had some buildup on his feet which turned out to be this condition that had to do with his bones... I think that was less than $100. I hope your guinea pig will be okay!! Perhaps you could call the vet and ask for a general estimate of the cost.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 1:32 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Dont know, im not a vet and i dont know what they charge, they ll have different fees. Our rat had tumors, we got them removed it costs a little over $100, mary Jane is now over the rainbow bridge :0) waiting for her owners.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 1:33 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• well i did call...they said the office visit was 35..which isnt bad..i'm just wondering what else i may be looking forward to. thanks though
    shay1130

Comment by shay1130 (original poster) at 1:43 PM on Jul. 5, 2010