my SIL wants kids. but her DH doesn't.

so my SIL is an amazing person, smart, successful, and caring. they have one kid already, a girl, and i think that they've been doing great. she wants another kid soo bad and their daughter has asked for a sib too (specifically a brother lol) but her husband is not having it. does she just have to cope with this or keep trying to convince him? what can she do?

khmymommi

Asked by khmymommi at 1:22 PM on Jul. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I think its up to your SIL to deside if she should let it go or keep trying. My husband didnt want another one after my son and oops she came anyways. My husband loves her to death. I doubt the guy would act like he didnt want her once she was born. I think if she really wants another baby try waiting a year and ask again..or even a couple of months. Also maybe have her ask him why? Maybe it would help her to understand why he is saying no and that may help her to stop asking and let it happen when its ment to or try when the problem goes away or gets better for the guy.
    JacobsMommy05

Answer by JacobsMommy05 at 1:54 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Well she can either choose to accept her husbands wishes or not. An issue like this could be VERY bad for a relationship.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 1:25 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I am amazed at how many couples does not talk about such an important issue before marriage, but as for you'r sil I think she has to settle for the one she has....I don't believe it would be good for child#2 to grow up w/a dad that didn't want it....
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 1:32 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• This is something they are going to have to figure out for themselves; this is the kind of issue that can ruin a marriage. Having a child is a huge investment in time and money, if your BIL isn't ready to have another child yet she should listen to his reasons. She can try to convince him, but if he's that set against it I don't know that he'll change his mind.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 2:04 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I would recommend that she discuss the issue with him. Why doesn't he want more children? Maybe there's something troubling him that she doesn't realize. Then again, maybe he's just a jerk, I dunno, lol. I say: Tell her to talk it out with him. Without judgment, without hurt feelings. Just be honest with him about her feelings and the reasons why she wants another baby. And encourage him to be completely honest, as well. :)
    JessicaG45342

Answer by JessicaG45342 at 10:49 PM on Jul. 5, 2010