When is a little boy too old to see his mom naked?

My husband and I were talking about this yesterday. I have a 9 month old son, and we were discussing at what age it started to be wrong for him to see me getting dressed, etc. What age do you think? What about for seeing his dad?

LovingSAHMommy

Asked by LovingSAHMommy at 1:22 PM on Jul. 5, 2010 in General Parenting

• When we were kids we had only one small bathroom... my dad had to take a bath after work...he worked on cars...I remember we were allowed to use the bathroom to go pee if he was bathing...then one day we asked our mom a question...we thought daddy had three pee pees lol... that was the end of us using the bathroom at that time.
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 1:24 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I don't go out of my way to strut in front of my kids, but if they see me naked getting in the shower or something....ok then...I don't make a big deal out of it.

They like to pretend to scream and run saying "ahhh your naked."
    J9Mommy

Answer by J9Mommy at 1:31 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• In our home it is ok. Mine are 7 & 10 and I still walk naked from the shower to the bedroom to get dressed, and so does my hubby.

It's only natural, nothing to be scared about.
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 1:28 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I think its usually when they start to ask questions about it.
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 1:23 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Unless it was on accident (my son has a hard time remembering to knock before entering a room with a closed door,lol) my son hasnt' seen me fully naked since he was about 4 or 5. I just felt uncomfortable with it. He's 10 now and he has seen me like in my underwear and bra, trying to get ready to go somewhere..but thats really not uncomfortable..same as me wearing a bathing suit. I wouldnt wear a thong in front of him,lol. As for the dad..well..thats different...men stand around naked talking to eachother in locker rooms..they dont' care. I think that if this was just a mans world that they'd all opt to run around with thier man goods hanging out in the nude,lol.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:25 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• my son is 5 and he still sees me naked. I say whenever they start feeling uncomfortable then they will not want to see you naked..otherwise let them be kids. Why teach them its wrong?
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 1:28 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I agree wholeheartedly with you why teach them it's wrong. My 9 1/2 still sees me naked when we are changing or showering in the family locker room at the pool or what not. I think if they see bodies as natural it isn't so taboo to them as they get older and maybe they won't be so into looking for it in magazines, online, or movies since it isn't taboo. My husband on the other hand is very modest and I don't even see him naked unless we're having sex. The kids barge in on me in the bathroom all the time though.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 1:40 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• anything after 2, they start noticing things, my son woke up at night and caught me in my room naked and he said thats just nasty mom, put ur clothes on lmao!!
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 1:24 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I think when he starts noticing that mommy has different parts than he does, until then there isn't anything wrong with it.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 1:30 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• i think you will find that as they get older they become less interested.. they do have a curious stage but thats okay. I get what you are saying..you are afraid he will have some "naked flashbacks" of you..haha. I don't think so though. If anything he will have a vision of you being beautiful and want that in the woman he chooses to be with.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 1:36 PM on Jul. 5, 2010