How do you feel about all the really short shorts women and teens are wearing this year?

Wow. I don't even let my 6 1/2 year old wear shorts shorter than bermuda length unless she's playing soccer. I am aghast at one some girls wear out of the house. Butt cheeks showing and all! I am all for the finger tip rule.

jamesonjustines

Asked by jamesonjustines at 1:36 PM on Jul. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I cannot stand to see anyone's cheeks. Seriously, if your actual ass is hanging out, it's too short to go out in public in. I am not kidding, on Wednesday, I took my kids to the library's school-age storytime reading group, and this lady who I'd guess was about 35-ish came in with her 3 kids with her cheeks literally hanging out of the bottom of her cut off denim shorts. Really, that's not a good look anytime, but for the love of all things sacred, NOT AT KIDS STORYTIME!!!
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 2:35 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• This year? It's been an ongoing thing for way too long. I think it's call a lack of true self esteem and respect for themselves. I think the emphasis on "showing more" is disgusting and to me less is WAY more!
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 2:54 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• there are some that are just gross. If your pockets are longer than your shorts, there is something wrong.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 1:37 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• OMG, I was at the fireworks last night, and there was this girl there in shorts barely covering her butt, and a shirt barely covering her boobs. How old was she? About 13. And she was there with her parents. I couldn't believe her parents let her out of the house like that!
    rockinmomto2

Answer by rockinmomto2 at 1:40 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• We were at the county fair yesterday and alot of the girls were wearing shorts with their but cheeks hanging out. I dont care how small you are I dont want to see ur booty!!
    dolphingurl1286

Answer by dolphingurl1286 at 2:07 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I usually had shorts that short or worse when I was young and thin... I figure if you got it flaunt it... So go for it...

Although honestly, I haven't seen any shorts that short this year... I think those Bermuda shorts are just gross! Just wear pants if you want something that long on... And they have never looked good on anyone.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:13 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I don't mind to much seeing it on like grown women, because they are adults and have that right to make the decision and all. If I was thinner, I personally wouldn't wear them THAT short- since I would feel cheap if I did. That's just me though. I am not saying women that do wear them, I see as cheap- because I don't. I am just saying the way I was raised I would feel that way. On teenagers though, I am not a fan of shorts that short on them at all. If my daughters wanted to wear them like that I would say no! It's not a matter of comfort at that age, I think it's a matter of the signal that they may be sending out that they may or may not be aware of. Some girls know EXACTLY what they are advertising when they wear them that short, some girls however do not. They just seem them as the popular thing. That's why I think parents need to discuss this thing with there kids so they know there teens views on the clothes they wear.
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 3:03 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Your right..it is crude to have the butt cheeks hanging out. I don't care how fit the girl is...it just doesn't need to be showing.Even worse on a heavy person. How about when their butt crack hangs out the back?? lol Yuck!!
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 1:39 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• For the women..that doesnt really bother me..they are grown, they should know how to take care of themselves.
    But for the teen girls..it drives my nuts!! I would NOT want my teen daughter wearing some of this short stuff these girls are wearing. There are way too many perverts and child predators out there and I would not want one of those people look at my daughter like she was thier next victim because of somethign she was wearing.
    Not to mention that the hormones on teen boys are crazy and I'm sure they love the girls dressing like that but I think it sends a bad message, which may be the wrong one.
    I'm not against cute clothes at all..but the butt and the boobs...yeah...teens need to keep those things PUT AWAY AND COVERED UP!
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:40 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• It makes me wish I had the legs to wear those kind of shorts!
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 1:43 PM on Jul. 5, 2010