How much should I expect to spend on a hair clipper for men?

My husband needs to have his hair cut about once a week or two. Its getting quite pricey, so I would like to buy a hair clipper (buzzer) and learn how to cut his hair. What should I expect to pay for one? I dont want a cheap one that will break, but I dont want the most expensive one.

serioussifL

Asked by serioussifL at 1:41 PM on Jul. 5, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• We bought ours from Wal Mart (I think...maybe Target), and we paid $15. Comes with a ton of attachments, and I cut my DHs and DSs hair every six weeks or so.
    rockinmomto2

Answer by rockinmomto2 at 1:45 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• i bought the color one from brahn i think. it's really easy to use and cheap, i've had mine about two years now. i cut my son's hair and my hubby's hair with it. make sure you clean it out and oil it everytime otherwise it will get gunked up and wont work anymore. i bought mine at walmart for less than 20. it saves a ton of money too.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 1:47 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I am pretty sure you can find one for about twenty bucks. Not bad.
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 1:42 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I have had them before...bought at a Sams club...and I didn't pay much more than that and it lasted for years...cutting two sons and one hubbys hair.
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 1:43 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• i got my hubby a WALL set, for 46 bucks at walmart, he had a pair of the conair ones for 20 but after 6mos or so they pull and that hurts, but the wall ones work great and he loves them!
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 1:50 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• We got ours for about $30 (don't remember where) and it has all the attachments, scissors, spary bottle, small clippers for trimming, apron and a nice carrying case.  The only thing it's missing is a brush (to dust them off).

We had a different set before that was just as good but I think we got it cheaper.  It came with a video on cutting hair but didn't have the extra trimmer.  I've been cutting my husband and son's hair for years.  They aren't picky, though.  I usually just buzz it all off at one length.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:57 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Spend a fair amount. Wal is the brand that my daughter uses to trim her horse. It is a good one and she got it on ebay. Maybe she spent 50 however at the horse store they were selling it for 150. The thing is the cheap ones pull your hair out. Not worth the expnce or time.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 11:03 PM on Jul. 5, 2010