So Emotional

I dont understand why i have been so emotionally lately. I mean crying over the smallest thing. I want to go to the beach with the kids, but dont drive and feel like a horrible mom because I cant take them to do things. I feel so disconnected from everyone. Im sitting in tears right now and I have no idea why. Are there any ways to get over this?
What do you do when your feeling completely down and out. Im a single mom btw, the kids father wants nothing to do with them neither does his family. So I dont have much help.
I just dont know what to do. I hate being like this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:56 PM on Jul. 5, 2010 in Health

• Why don't you drive, and how old are the kids?
    Spazz0828

Answer by Spazz0828 at 1:59 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Do you have any friends in the area that you can do a beach day with? Can you join a moms group? Go to the library for reading groups with the kids. you might meet others there. Look at your towns visitor's website and see what's going on and go to some of the free events. Check out your newspaper online and see what's going on. You need to have other connections for support. Is you family supportive and nearby? You also might visit your local hospital or doctor to ask about support groups that might help you emotionally. Best wishes.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 2:03 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Sounds like you're tired, overwhelmed and stressed out. Sometimes the smallest things we do for ourself can have a huge impact.
    A warm bath with epsom salts works wonders even if its just for a few minutes. Don't be so hard on yourself. Life has its ups and downs, things change from day to day. Start a gratitude journal, it will help keep you focused on the positive things in your life. List 10 things everyday you are thankful for. Example: healthy children, a roof over your head, food on the table, having a car,
    Cafe Mom.
    wellnessgirl

Answer by wellnessgirl at 2:21 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I meant story hours at the library (in my first post)
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 3:33 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• sounds like you have some depression going on , do you have health insurance? can you see a therapist for some help? i would say reach out outside yourself for some support. what baout your family? friends? surely someone could take you to the beach. make a BEACH AT HOME DAY in fact! what fun!
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 4:52 PM on Jul. 5, 2010