Spaghetti sauce

Do you "pimp" out your sauce with extra seasonings? I use garlic,onion powder,red pepper flakes,and black pepper. Makes for a better lasagna!

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 2:06 PM on Jul. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yep, I had a little minced fresh garlic, some more oregano, and a tablespoon of sugar, my kids love it!
    kjbennett26

Answer by kjbennett26 at 2:09 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I add garlic to the beef while I brown it, and add a can of mushrooms to the sauce.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 2:07 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I add mushrooms, zucchini, and squash to mine. Then I add Cajun seasoning, salt, pepper, basil and oregano. I used to puree the squash and zucchini, but now I just cut it up and add it to the sauce.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 2:08 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Oh yeah, extra seasonings and other things like mushrooms, onion, peppers, tomatoes, peppers, sometimes meat of some sort like ground beef or sausage, etc. Though if I am trying a new brand, I usually don't add anything the first time just to see how it tastes alone.
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 2:11 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I like to make my own sauce from fresh tomatoes, but since the tomatoes here suck and I have a black thumb, I get a roasted garlic sauce from the store, add mushrooms, red pepper, fresh basil. Lots of other veggies as long as hubby isn't home lol.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 2:11 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• i add garlic salt and itilian seasonings....
    MommyToEthan

Answer by MommyToEthan at 2:12 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I like to saute the onions to the beef so they cook and don't "crunch". Then when all is basically cooked I add mushrooms ( after I drain the fat) and then I add my sauce and seasonings. I think if you cook the veges before you add the sauce it will cover up the fact that there a veges in it. My husband prefers no onions but when I cook them this way he doesn't even notice it. I add everything people but instead of sugar try a family secret ( around 3-4 chocolate chips dark/milk). This gives it a better taste than sugar and blends well with the sauce. I usually just taste it and add what is the right amount. Don't tell anyone, My momangrywould kill me. LOLOL 

Seterah1010

Answer by Seterah1010 at 2:19 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I cook onions with the meat, and add more onions and fresh mushrooms to the sauce as it cooks. I also use a touch of chili powder, some garlic, salt, pepper, oregano, parsley, basil, and splenda. It tastes great!
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 2:21 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I chop up a carrot a stalk of celery, 1/2 an onion and a few cloves of garlic in my mini chopper and then brown that up with the hamburger. I do Hubs adds in a sprinkle of sugar , that tastes good!!
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 2:24 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I cook onions with the ground meat and drain the meat, then add some garlic, oregano, sometimes basil, mushrooms. When they are in season I'll chop and add some summer squash, some fresh tomatoes.

Answer by Bmat at 2:49 PM on Jul. 5, 2010