Any one else find it funny?

"My kids don't get juicy juice, it's too sugary. But I give them watered down sugar free koolaid"

Juicy Juice contains no added sugar, just what's already in the fruit naturally.

Koolaide - sugar free depends on if you mean you just don't add any or use artificial sweetener. But either way it's artificially flavored colored water!

Why do parents think this is better than natural fruit juice?

I personally think natural is better than fake!

DarkFaery131

Asked by DarkFaery131 at 3:06 PM on Jul. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• God, that's just crazy. I think it's hilarious when they think things like Capri Sun and YooHoo is healthy too. Really? My kids have been on Juicy Juice since they were old enough to drink juice. Plus they get the all natural cranberry juices, orange juices, grapefruit juices, etc. that Juicy Juice doesn't make. My kids rarely even get Kool-aid because its not that good for them. I guess it takes all kinds though.
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 3:32 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I am surprised that someone would think that. Koolaid is pretty non-nutritious, and all of the artificial stuff in it is yuck. Even better than juice, though, is to have the child eat the fruit, that way they get no manufactured stuff in it and also get the fiber.

Answer by Bmat at 3:10 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I agree!

Answer by older at 3:09 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I personally think natural fruit is ALWAYS better unless it's rotten lol. haha
    MarrsBar211989

Answer by MarrsBar211989 at 3:12 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Too many people don't really understand nutrition, so all they can rely on is what they see in commercials and magazine articles (which they don't realize are paid for by the companies advertising in the magazine) and on those schmaltzy fake news shows like The View and Today (again - see sponsors). If you're bombarded by that stuff all the time and haven't ever learned what it all really means, it starts to sink in and become "fact", which is why they spend so much money on the advertising in the first place.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:16 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I prefer actual fruit for my kids, Kool aid is a treat I admit i have some in my kitchen right now because they wanted it for the 4th of july lol but this is not something we normally buy. It astounds me that moms still dont understand nutrition as well as they should, it is very scary.

3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 3:23 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I tasted kool-aid once, blech! We buy juice once in a while but it's a special treat.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 3:28 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I always give the baby (2.5) natural juice or the fruit itself. If the older kids get Kool-Aid, I buy them the lemonade (So they can just mix a glass at a time), but usually I'll just make it from scratch for them. IMO, natural is always better.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 3:32 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I agree with everyone. If the juice isn't 100% fruit juice then it's staying at the store. I stopped buying kool-aid before I had my child because it's nothing but chemicals and tons of sugar. I even stopped buying bottled fruit juice and I buy the frozen concentrate juices to save money. I buy organic produce whenever I can because it's better for you to not have all those pesticides.
    browneyes27

Answer by browneyes27 at 3:54 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I agree with the OP.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 4:07 PM on Jul. 5, 2010