Has anyone Taken a CRUISE with kids

We are booked to take a cruise June 11, 2011 with or two kids who will be 5 and 3. It will be the first cruise for us. We are sailing on Carnval Trimiph from New Orleans, to Key west, to Freeport Bahamas, and Nassou Bahamas. I was just trying to see if any one has ever gone on a cruise. Im a little worried about catching a stomach bug or kids getting sick with that. I was wondering how it went with others!

BrandiGunter

Asked by BrandiGunter at 3:10 PM on Jul. 5, 2010 in Travel

• I haven't been on a cruise in about 4 years, but when I was, they had installed those handsanitizer dispensers in the lines for the food, to get into the restaurants and in a lot of public places. It was a Carnival ship.
    Just try to get your LOs to learn to wash their hands well. It's the best thing you can do. Have a GREAT TIME!!!
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 3:12 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• It's just like any other public place; make sure they wash their hands and don't eat anything that they don't normally. (Like seafood - my friend found out her DD was allergic to shrimp on a cruise.) Carnival has lots of activities for little ones; relax and have a good time.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 3:38 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• My son loved the cruise we took him on when he was 7. It was a carnival cruise and they have Kids Camp and my son loved it. He could play there in the evenings while we did adult things and then he spent the day with us on excursions and stuff and for fun days at sea they have all kinds of activities. They even have kids dinners for the formal nights so if you and your so want to have some alone time you can. Its great for families.
    navyjen

Answer by navyjen at 12:14 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Oh we didnt worry about tummy bugs or things like that. Just wash their hands often. My son did get a little congested so I always take benadryl.
    navyjen

Answer by navyjen at 12:15 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• check out cruisecritic.com you can even "meet" other people that will be on your cruise! they will be BEGGING you to take tham again and you get a bit of "us" time alone with hubby!!!!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 10:51 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• My kids are 7 and 9 and have been on several cruises. My youngest went at 9 months and they have been fine on every cruise. I take precautions and use hand sanitizer all the time and wipe down tables. Camp carnival does a wonderful job keep them happy and entertained. You will have to beg them to spend time with you once they see Camp carnival. YOu will have a wonderful time
    batjmom

Answer by batjmom at 5:52 AM on Jul. 9, 2010