my 7 month old son has a heat rash. How can I get rid of the rash?

The rash is on his face, back, and stomach.
I keep the house cool.
The only thing he wears is a diaper.
If he even wears a onsie he sweats.
His doctor said its dry skin...I put lotion on him 2x a day.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:11 PM on Jul. 5, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It's not heat rash if it's from dry skin. It is probably dyshidrotic eczema. Usually kids that get this have food allergies or he could be allergic to something in the lotion. I am allergic to propylene glycol and it is in most lotions and will give me a rash. Heat makes eczema worse, that's why you may think it is heat rash.

My 21 mo grandson has head to toe eczema. He had allergy tests and we were surprised to find he had many food allergies. Allergies are in our family but not food allergies. He is even allergic to rice, something you may be feeding your baby.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:24 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• my daughter get heat rash under her neck ( she is 3 months) i make sure it is super dry and i put caldesene powder on it and it clears right up. it is in a pink bottle with blue writing. hope this helps
    rileymommy

Answer by rileymommy at 10:04 PM on Jul. 5, 2010