OMG .. I now know to NEVER leave my kids with my husband...

My 20 month old son has alot of trouble with pooping ( it is very hard) ... we have tried pretty much everything and sometimes we have to do a child enima with warm soapy water... well earlier my husband came to me and asked if maybe it will work if we but a little bit of the soap in his cup ( with his juice) and that it might help ..... My eyes bugged out of my head and I dont know how many times I said OH MY GOD ... and I even made him call his mom ( the almgiht know it all) to see if he could understand exactly what was wrong with his "idea" ....

He is ( usually) very bright, he has had many years of college and works at a job where you need "smart skills" ...but OMG I cannot believe he could even think that would work..... Do you blame me for seriously not planning on letting him watch the kids alone again ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:29 PM on Jul. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Sorry, I wouldn't have married a man who is so clueless.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 3:31 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Wow. I'm sorry but that is WWWAAAAYYY out there! No offense but usually folks with "book smarts" aren't very bright in the real world.
    nakoal87

Answer by nakoal87 at 3:32 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Seriously? Why in the hell would he think soap would make the kid poop better? LOL just goes to show you that college smarts & job smarts & street smarts don't equate to kid smarts. Would've thought that was a no brainer just like "Don't let them drink the bleach!" Ahhhhh, I wouldn't leave him alone w/ my dd for a while either!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 3:32 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• It was one little thing! He leaves his kid with YOU all the time, you should be able to do the same! Moms need a break....
    RunMum81

Answer by RunMum81 at 3:33 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• lol, it takes men longer to realize how dumb they are sometimes. nah i wouldnt go to that extreme, just make sure he asks u before doing any more of his brilliant ideas no matter how brilliant.
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 3:34 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I think he was being a guy - if it works via enema, maybe it will work via cup. No, not the brightest idea, but I can see somebody thinking that. At least he had enough common sense to ask you about it before he tried it.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 3:34 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Have your tried more fiber, less dairy and refined sugars in his diet? The child, I mean. As for his father, don't worry, he is in the majority along with alot of other fathers when it comes to cluelessness. However, I must admit, the soap is a bit extreme. Good luck!
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 3:34 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• LOL did you stop to ask him why he would think this? Maybe someone todl him this, I mean therei s alot of crap advice out there on the internet and from friends. I actualyl feel bad for you DH he probably thought he was helping and got jumped on poor guy. Parenting is a learning process you cant learn if your not allowed to parent.

I get why your upset but i wouldnt say never to letting him stay home with his own children alone.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 3:35 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I had that same problem with my daughter when she was 2 years old and her stomach would hurt all the time. I had to take her to the doctor at least 6 times before they finally figured out the problem. Have you tried gradually adding more fiber in your child's diet, it really helped my kid big time. I really would be upset if my husband asked something like that, soap, really?
    browneyes27

Answer by browneyes27 at 3:36 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• ok you answered your own question. But I think men usually just say what they want to hear as a way to ditch the whole situation, and well, just take it light, and good luck putting you first next time.
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 3:36 PM on Jul. 5, 2010