What do you do when your life sucks so much and you have no one to talk to bc everyone wants to think their life is worse?

I live with my parents and my sister lives here too. My parents don't want me here and I don't want to be here but I don't have another option. My sister has a 6 year old she ignores and I feel so bad for him but I don't have it in me to give him the attention he deserves. I asked a question about it and yes I am a horrible person but I just am so tired and emotionally drained. I am doing good to take care of my own son. I have no money. I have a decent job but it's slow in the summer. I love this job but I will probably have to give it up bc I'm not sure I can make it through the summer. I'm just ready to give up. Just lay down and refuse to ever get up again.

fairyinabubble

Asked by fairyinabubble at 3:39 PM on Jul. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Dont give up mama.... times are hard for a lot of people. You just have to keep pushing. Im going through a lot right now that I have no one to talk to about. SO is overseas and I cant bother him with the stuff, hes got to much on his mind already.
    You cant let a few bad ones get you down.
    If you ever need someone to chat with you can PM me,
    Trotterswife

Answer by Trotterswife at 3:42 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• it's not your responsibility to parent your sister's son. that may sound harsh to others, but you both, hopefully, will not be at your parents forever and she is going to need to step up as a parent. you DO have options. get public assistance and get out. you sound depressed. counseling can help you, but really until you get out of that situation you're not likely to feel any better. i don't understand why you think you need to quit your job - unless you have a better option, that seems really crazy uner the circumstances. sometimes no friends is less draining than shitty friends. maybe your friends are trying to empathize with you and you're taking it all wrong. we all have obstacles in life. it's up to you to take control of your life. teach your child how to solve problems instead of giving up.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 3:44 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I have PTSD and my husband and i have been together for 3 years and have never lived together. I'm raising 2 children who are not brothers and who i never gave birth too. I'm 23 and my mom died last year in my home and i found her.

Everyone has their own story. doesn't mean that mine is worse than yours or yours worse than mine. It's just different. And we all process things differently. Something that seems easy for me might be a huge struggle for you. And the other way around. The grass really isn't greener on the other side. In fact, it's not green at all, it might be blue, or red or orange.

BUT, i do know what it feels like to just be so emotionally exhausted. And as moms we both know that giving up is NEVER an option.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 3:53 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Here in CA there is a two YEAR waiting list for HUD/Section 8 even if you are homeless on the streets!

And there are so many other things you can do besides take the "quick fix" pills that don't really fix the problem at all, only subdue it. And with the side effects, often aren't worth it in the first place. JMHO of course.

There is exercise, better diet, yoga, meditation and so much more that can improve your mood.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 4:09 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Ok, go ahead. For one day you get to wallow in your frustration. Then, get up and figure out a way to fix things. Plus, don't give up your job until you have another in hand. A slow job is better than no job. Get the book and study for the A+ Certification for computers, take the test and then you have a skill to market with all the others you possess.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 3:56 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• You might be clinically depressed and benefit from taking antidepressants. You could apply for a section 8 apartment so you don't have to live with your parents.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:56 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I'm not going to quit my job without another one. I just meant I need to try to find another one.
    fairyinabubble

Comment by fairyinabubble (original poster) at 3:57 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Aww mama. I just saw two of your questions, one closed in the R&B and this one earlier. Are you ok babe? What are some good things about your life?
    Your son - He LOVES you.
    I have no money - Your parents are wonderful people for helping you out right now and you have got some shelter.
    I have a decent job - Some families are homeless due to bad economy.
    Im not trying to be rude. Focus on the positive. GET MOTIVATED. I know about emotionally drained and its hard to get motivated. Think of something in your childhood that you enjoyed and just do it. Baby steps, mama, baby steps. GL!
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 3:58 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I don't know where to get pils without money. And I will look into section 8 but I think there is a waiting list.
    fairyinabubble

Comment by fairyinabubble (original poster) at 4:00 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I scream and shake my fists in the air. And unfortunately swear sometimes too. Not that any of that does any good. I hope things get better for you soon!
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 4:05 PM on Jul. 5, 2010