I am 37 weeks pregnant and so ready to have this little girl. I am physically miserable. Anyone know of any good ways to start labor?

My cervix is already over 50% softened and I am 70% efaced and almost 2 cm dialated. This pregnancy is just so difficult compared to my first and I am ready to have her.

Johnson.Angel22

Asked by Johnson.Angel22 at 3:40 PM on Jul. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i tried everything in the book the whole last 3 weeks and it just made me even more miserable because she was 2 weeks late. and i ended up having a very long labor. wait it out and enjoy the peace n quiet is my advice. i hate the last month, its difficult, but u'll only stress urself out. trust me, i mean EVERYTHING i tried, i tried 5-6 times each,. when i gave up, i think thats when i had her. lol
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 3:43 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• But she's not ready to be born or she would be :( 37 weeks is considered "term" ONLY if baby initiates labor. Otherwise you're risking breathing and temperature problems.

You're so close, mamma! I know, it sucks so hard when you are so miserable, but find ways to cope and keep her in as long as she needs to be.

There are ways you can prepare your body for labor so it's more ready when she is. Sex, walking, eating a healthy diet, evening primrose oil and red raspberry leaf tea. Women who do those things don't tend to go very far over their due dates.

Good luck!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 3:43 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Sex and walking is the only thing that I know of. I am right there with you honey! 37 weeks and 4 days and miserable. My doctor is taking my baby on the 13th so I guess it helps my feelings knowing that it will be over by then if not before. I have stitches in my cervix due to incompetent (weak) cervix and I get them out tomorrow and I am hoping (deep down inside) that I go into labor tomorrow after he takes them out!!! But then again my sons birthday party is this weekend so in a way I hope I hang on til Saturday. Either way is good with me but I am ready for him to be OUT!
    nakoal87

Answer by nakoal87 at 3:44 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Babies come when they are ready. Go out and rent some movies and relax and wait.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:47 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• best way not to go into labor
    is...to not be ready to go into labor

unpack your bags
    un-nest your home
    tell everyone you know and anyone else who will listen, how unready you are

"Murphy's Law" works every time

hope it is soon for you
    but
    Murphy's Law works for me ...so I will say...Hope you are three weeks over due date :)
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 3:54 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• SEX, Walking up stairs but mostly sex have fun
    mrswhipple707

Answer by mrswhipple707 at 3:57 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Black cohosh tea....but check w/ your midwife/dr. first !
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 4:03 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I had heard that walking, pineapple, Pizza Hut's Meat Lover's Pizza, spicy food and raspberry tea were all good things that would help start labor. I decided I wasn't waiting, I was tired of being preggers. I ate all of this when I was like you (37 week and starting to dialate, eface, etc and then I took a long walk. My water broke That afternoon. Not sure if any of this actually started my labor, or if it was just my time to go.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 4:08 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Start a serious home project. My husband started remodeling our bathroom about a month before my daughter was due. She was 11 days early and that bathroom finally was able to be showered in when she was 7 months old.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 5:03 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Cinnamon, I promise, google it! :)
    smokisses

Answer by smokisses at 6:05 AM on Jul. 6, 2010