Is this a good diet for a typical day?

For breakfast i have Shakeology..its a product by beachbody..go to shakeology.com if you want to know what it is, but its really good for you..

for lunch i have an apple and a banana and 10 pimento stuffed olives and a couple slices of ham dipped in mustard, it really fills be up..

i drink around 100 oz of water a day

for an afternoon snack i have a serving of bluberry muffin shredded mini wheats which is 24 pieces, and about 1/2 cup almond milk

and for dinner i have 4 oz of whatever meat we're eating and veggies...usually i try to keep my dinners around 300-400 calories...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:09 PM on Jul. 5, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I lost 159 lbs in 2 years.

1800 calories a day, no sugar, use splenda, no white bread, use wheat

Have kelp it off for 10 years now.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 4:50 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• diets do not work if you go back to your old eating habits.

I'm 81 now and fit as a fiddle.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 4:55 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• In my opinion no. Not enough fruit or veg and I would say that you aren't getting many calories. I dislike the use of shakes and do not see them as part of a healthy lifestyle.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 4:10 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I agree, you need more fruits and veggies. (5-6 servings total a day, and 1 serving is 1/2 cup)

Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 4:14 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I agree this isn't a good diet. Not enough fruits, veggies, whole grains, or calories. If your body thinks you are starving it will change it's metabolism and you won't drop any weight. A good diet for life is the DASH diet. Go to google and type in DASH diet and you can find lots of info. For ideas on things to eat go to google and type in super foods. These are foods high in nutrition and usually low in calories. Blueberries are an example that you can find fresh in stores right now.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:14 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Not in my opinion either, but it could be worse.

calories aren't quit as important as what you eat.

Try less meat and more beans, veggies and fruit. Instead of ham try lentils or carrots dipped in some kind of yummy bean dip. with a side of veggies.

for breakfast, in stead of a shake you could try yogurt with fruit on top or on the side.

Your diet is not the worst, but it could be a lot better.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 4:15 PM on Jul. 5, 2010