My son is 8 years old and still has all his baby teeth. Should I be concerned?

OHmomto4

Asked by OHmomto4 at 4:12 PM on Jul. 5, 2010 in Kids' Health

• has he seen a dentist yet? some kids have a hard time losing their teeth, can you see any adult teeth coming up?
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 4:14 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I dont think so. I was told that children start losing their baby teeth around that age so he might be on schedule. Best bet is to contact a childrens dentist.
    Johnson.Angel22

Answer by Johnson.Angel22 at 4:15 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• As long as your dentist hasent mentioned any concern about it. If he doesnt see one I would defently suggest a visit, my daughter is 7 and already had 2 teeth pulled due to the adult teeth comming in behind the baby teeth rather then where they were suppost to due to the baby teeth refusing to fall out or even get loose.
    bshelly

Answer by bshelly at 4:21 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• The average age to start losing baby teeth is 5&6.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 4:25 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I would talk to a dentist, but it may be normal for him. My SS didn't lose his first tooth until he was 9.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 4:28 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• No. I was in the 3rd grade when I lost my VERY FIRST tooth!! My teeth are well grounded. LOL! In fact, none of them ever came out on their own. I always had to have help from the dentist because my adult teeth came in behind the baby teeth. So, no I would not be concerned. Though if an adult tooth comes in and the baby tooth is still there, he will need to get it pulled so it doesn't mess up the adult teeth.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 4:29 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Normal, all kids do things at their own pace. No two are alike, don't worry.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:59 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• each kid is different but you can call the dentist anyway
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 9:44 PM on Oct. 16, 2010