What is a good bedtime for teenagers?

during school and during summer.

Just_Us_Friends

Asked by Just_Us_Friends at 4:17 PM on Jul. 5, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Depends on early they wake up for school. I would say around 9pm-10pm for school nights and during the summer 11pm.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 4:50 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• It depends on how old you are talking. My thirteen year old, has a bed time of 10:00, and if he gives me crap in the morning..it goes down. Now my sixteen year old doesnt really have a bed time. He is to old for a bed time lol. Plus I never have a problem with him getting up, he gets up before everyone.
    bellamommyof4

Answer by bellamommyof4 at 4:29 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• depends on how old and how mature, and also what time school starts in the morning.

When i was a teen i would usually put myself to bed between 10 and 11am. But i was mature. And even then i probably still was not getting the sleep i needed because i was up by 5am and studies show teens need about 12 hours of sleep.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 4:19 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Jr high teens 10 pm is good , High school teens 11 pm is good. in the summer my boys are up until 12-1 am if there is nothing happening the next day.. however my oldest is in the performing arts and has to be at the get fit program at 7:30 am so he is in bed at 11 pm . My youngest around 10 for the last week of Summer School then after that he is up till late..
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 4:27 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• as long as there is no fight to get up in the morning during the school year, i'd say 1030-11? if they fight, or you have to constantly remind them to get up, the time gets earlier till they can prove that they are capable of getting up. (i was spoiled. my mommy woke me up every morning.)

durring the summer, i would say they can stay up as long as they want, but they have to be up by a certain time. not like, 7am or anything (it IS summer. the season to sleep in.) but by like, 10:30 or something.
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 5:10 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Honestly, it depends on how much sleep the child needs. During the summer - they have to be up before 9am and to bed by midnight unless they are cranky and then its to be earlier. During the school year, bedtime is 9:30 - 11 depending on the age of the teen.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:01 PM on Jul. 5, 2010