Painful Armpits

Help please....I am 29 yrs old,and I have about 3 lumps under my right underarm and about two under the left. They are painful sometimes to the point where I can't even lift or put my arm down at all.I mean sometimes to take a step is even painful.I've had these a few weeks after giving birth to my sec child.what should i do where should i go for help...anybody.......please.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:23 PM on Jul. 5, 2010 in Health

• Sounds like you might have cysts but there is no way of knowing..gotta see your Dr. I wouldn't let it go without having it checked.
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 4:25 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• wow. that sounds horrible. I wouldnt even begin to know why that would be happening... have you got online and researched it? or Spoken to your doctor? I wouldnt stop until I found an answer, it could be serious
    mcdonaldm9696

Answer by mcdonaldm9696 at 4:30 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Could be swollen glands. Sometimes they will swell with hormonal changes (being pregnant, having a baby) I would tell the DR and try Ibuprofen if you can.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 4:44 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I agree w/ treynlisa, that was my first thought, too.
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 4:50 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• It's most likely your lymph nodes or milk ducts. Since it's right after having a baby, you could have clogged ducts. Some of us have milk glands in our armpits. I do and I got lumps in my armpits while nursing my 2nd baby. I'm now nursing my 3rd and they never went away. The dr did an ultra sound on them to rule out cysts, tumors, or swollen glands. You really should go to your dr for a check up.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 5:22 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• thank you everyone for the helpful feedback. I was afraid to go because I didn't want to hear the worst....But ive made an appt/ and will be getting some help soon...thanks again :CafeMom732 :)
    CafeMom732

Answer by CafeMom732 at 1:44 PM on Jul. 7, 2010