Would you drink Slim Fast if you were pregnant?

The real question is What if Slim Fast was the only milk that you would intake, period? Then you get pregnant, and you can't drink those other "pregnancy safe milk shakes"? Would you still drink Slim Fast and at least get some milk in you?
It's not like I'm trying to lose weight! I am at a perfectly healthy size, about 124LBs, and almost 2 months pregnant. Thanks ahead of time for your advice!

smokisses

Asked by smokisses at 4:28 PM on Jul. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I drank some with my pregnancies. You don't want to replace an entire meal with slim fast while pregnant, like you would if you were dieting, that's just not healthy for the baby. But every now and then for a snack between meals would be fine. With my first pregnancy I had bottomless pit syndrome and was starving all the time. I'd drink slim fast between meals. It was a great way to fill up, get some nutrients, without intaking an insane amount of calories or fat.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 4:40 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• No,because those give you diarrhea

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:29 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I'm pretty sure slim fast does not have aspertame. It has sugar, so I don't think they'd put sugar AND aspertame in it.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 4:41 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• No i wouldn't. At least, not on a regular basis. I lost weight drinking those things and i'll never do it again (sounds odd i know. but i'm a skinny/healthy size).

You don't really need to drink milk anyways. Try yogurt and cheese. And if you can't stomach those either make sure to eat lots of leafy greens. Greens are rich in calcium.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 4:30 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I wouldnt drink slim fast at all (pregnant or not), long term use of it is connected with your hair falling out. I would talk to the doctor about other alternatives.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 4:30 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Why is it the only milk you will drink??

Cowsmilk is what is best for the body + baby.

But if you are intollerant (spelling?) to it or have religious reasons or such, I would talk it over w/ my midwife/dr. and come up w/ a solution...if there is one.
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 4:33 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• You don't have to drink milk. You just have to make sure you are getting enough calcium and vitamin d from other sources.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 4:36 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I personally do not drink any thing containing aspartame preggo or not. Eat yougart, or get ice cream. You get plenty of calcium from green veggies do you eat those? Or only green m-n-m's? JUST KIDDING.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 4:37 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• maybe you could mix it with regular milk... do the half and half thing... but i really liked redbull and i drank that and i havent had any problems... i know its probably not the best thing ever but redbull never gave me energy or made me feel different... i just liked the taste
    mcdonaldm9696

Answer by mcdonaldm9696 at 4:39 PM on Jul. 5, 2010