Did you go see fireworks or did you have your own?

cynprz

Asked by cynprz at 4:38 PM on Jul. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• we go see some. our town has a celebration every year at a local lake here in town, called Boom Fest. during the day there are all kinds of games and rides, food, all kinds of fun stuff. then that night they put on a 30min firework display, a very awesome one at that! best I've seen!
    it's loads of fun! and there's always thousands of people that come. :)
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 5:14 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• In our area there are at least a dozen different town sponcered firework displays, so we go to a few of them, not only are fireworks illegal to have and set off here in NY state but they are just too dangerous. Some guy lost his arm yesturday setting off a firework. Is it really that important to waste money on something that can kill you when your town sets them off safely for free?
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 4:43 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Sadly nope to either. We just got back from Vacation and were at the horse farm with the girl riding her horse. Her horse is fat and lazy just like me. lol
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 4:39 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• We were lucky there was a $10,000 display right in our backyard. Thats right...I typed that in correctly $10,000 lol A local guy here does it for the community on church grounds.
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 4:42 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• We went to the park to see them. They are illegal here in VA to have your own.
    JayRo00

Answer by JayRo00 at 4:43 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• We shot our own with a bunch of our neighbors.
    vnw1405

Answer by vnw1405 at 4:48 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• We sat out in the yard and watched the city fireworks display. We only live three blocks away...
    Then we came in for birthday cake, and then lit off a few fountains and small ground ones for the kids.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:49 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Sat in my backyard and watched the town's annual firework display - they're set off at the park and I live close enough to see them perfectly from my yard so every year my family and their friends gather in the yard and have a big party.
    momof2inCT2007

Answer by momof2inCT2007 at 4:56 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I didn't want to let my cancer and all of my health issues get to me.. But we met my DD & her DH. They saved us a spot. But all it did was Rain! Rain and rain.. No one announced that the fireworks were Cancelled. I suppose then everyone would leave. Not listen to the bands, buy eats or treats or drinks Etc.. So our fireworks were Cancelled. I'm sad over that. I hoped to see my DD & her children. But their son got burned by a Jumbo sparkler. He was hurt and it caused some issues in their house hold. Since the MIL & SIL watching didn't Care or Help. But when the FIL saw he ran the boy into the house to my DD who was taking care of her Baby in the house. She didn't like the noise.And needed nursing to calm her down.. So there's problems there now. And NO one saw the fireworks! Except unless you think of now the parents upset. How can a MIL & SIL Not Care? The burn looks painful & bad. I never bought sparklers for young ones.
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 5:00 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• In my area, Destin, FL, everyone goes out on a boat to Crab Island, and we waited in the rain and cold until about 9pm for the fireworks! There was a whole set to the North, the South, the West, and the East! It seemed every town was blowing them up, and everyone on the water was as well! It was gorgeous, not to mention it was my first Fourth of July with my Dh and my pregnant belly, so I was tired and O.o soo happy and everything was just soo special!

smokisses

Answer by smokisses at 5:03 PM on Jul. 5, 2010