how did you know that he was the one you would get married too? and are you guys still together?

shannonsmom555

Asked by shannonsmom555 at 5:07 PM on Jul. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• My intuition told me so, this man had so much love for me I knew I couldn't go wrong. I didn''t meet him until after graduating from high school, back then I had a long time boyfriend and my now husband has described in detail the clothes I use to wear in school, and the places I frequented with the high school boyfriend, he use to admire me from a distance because I was taken.
    My intuition did not let me down, we have been married for 38 years now and our relationship just keeps getting better.

Answer by older at 5:20 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I don't know how, I just knew he was the one. We have been together 14 years and will celebrate our 13th wedding anniversary in September.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:10 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• i was a complete woman chauvanist pig my whole life til hubby. men were nothing more really thank anotch on my lipstick case. i had little respect for them. 9 years ago i met hubby while actually engaged to someone else. someon i had thought was someone i could live with for the rest of my life. I had given up on real love, marriage forever love. that engagement was broken off and hubby was a friend at the time. we spent time together and after about 6 months he looks at me and says "i think we should get on wtih getting married" LOL

it was one of those moments where those things your mother always told you you thought were BS suddenly make SENSE. LOL my mother always said that the right one you just KNOW. there is no explaining. its like your world snapping in to the right place finally. well when hubby said that and i agreed. my whole world shifted in to place. all became right in my world and heart.
    still married 8 yr
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 5:11 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• i dont know how i knew. about a weeks after we met though i just kinda knew
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 5:11 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• It just was. There was no doubt, no "do I really want this?"... I just knew. I knew because every bone in my body just feels at ease with him, and because from the very beginning we just kind of had this intuitive knowledge that what we had was important and meaningful.

We are still together. 6 1/2 years, married 3 1/2 :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 5:12 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• We clicked on all the important stuff,and he made me laugh and feel safe. We celebrate our 11th anniversary in December

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:19 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• dunno - just knew, REALLY knew. i almost got talked into getting married a couple times before but something stopped me. we're still together at the moment although today i'm completely pissed at him and wish he weren't here.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 5:23 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• My DH and I met on Myspace. So though I knew he wasn't the same ol' guy within the first few emails I couldn't allow myself to fall for someone I'd never met. Therefore, after our first meet we hung out as much as we could. It was very hard to take things slow, but we did. It was upon realizing I'd never questioned our relationship, our friendship, our time together that I knew he was the one. In all of my previous relationships I second guessed everything, I questioned everything, especially the guy. With DH I never did that and I actually enjoyed every second we were together. It was wonderful. That's how I knew .. Is when I finally let go of all of my doubt and allowed something great to happen.

We've been married two years. Together for three.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:25 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• When I fell in love with him I guess.  We will be married 22 years on Friday.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 5:39 PM on Jul. 5, 2010