I'm to giving?

My husband is upset with me because I gave away 4 cans of formula and several boxes of baby cereal for free. I was also thinking on giving way our childrens old clothes to some teen moms or something. I dont want to give them to good will because i want people to have them for free. He wants me to sell all the stuff for money. We dont need the money. Why do you think he's upset that I'm too generous. Again we dont need the money an we arent having anymore kids and my son doesnt drink formula anymore

mommy_of_two388

Asked by mommy_of_two388 at 5:13 PM on Jul. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• I have learnt that it is more rewarding to give away this stuff than to try and sell it! I try to give away my girls old clothes and stuff to someone I know is in need it just makes life better!
    l0v3myg1rl5

Answer by l0v3myg1rl5 at 11:34 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• no one is going to buy those items for any amount that makes all the trouble of selling them and delivering them worthwhile. you are a good person to give them away - what goes around comes around. if he wanted them sold, he should've got off his butt and taken care of it. he didn't, so he need not complain about how you handle getting rid of un-needed items.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 5:15 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Good for you! You gave some little baby a full tummy for awhile.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:15 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• doesnt sound like you are being too generous to me. baby clothes sel for a pittance in a garage sale. seems better to give them away to me unless you have tons and tons to make it worth it. you cannot really sell baby formula or cereal anyways. who is goingto buy it?
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 5:17 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• we need the money but i still donate our leftover clothes and baby items. mainly to my mother who lives in mexico and she gives it to people down there and also she helps a lady who has 4 kids no husband make money by giving her stuff to sale and my mom takes a very small portion only to teach this young mother how to be responsible and to earn it. i believe in good karma and that the lord will bless you and sometimes that's worth more then money.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 5:42 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I give away all of my old baby stuff and even though we aren't in desperate need of money a little bit wouldn't hurt us. But like someone said you aren't going to get too much money for a few clothes and some formula, so for the return you'd get on them giving that stuff away just makes sense.
    GigantaursMommy

Answer by GigantaursMommy at 6:14 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• You spent good money on that. You're losing money by giving it away.
    I understand where he's coming from, just as much as I understand where you're coming from. Neither of you are wrong.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:16 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I can see both points of view. If you don't need the money, why wouldn't you be giving and volunteer the extra stuff to someone in need. Then again, your husband is probably thinking that you spent your money on that stuff and he doesn't want to give away freebees when you didn't get any. I think what you're doing is a sweet and generous thing, and I don't think you are "too giving", but I can see where your husband is coming from.
    Tay-Brittnie

Answer by Tay-Brittnie at 5:24 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I think that was a kind thing to do. I have been given clothes and gave some away also and it feels great.
    reesemom

Answer by reesemom at 8:16 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I think you should ask him why he feels this way. I don't see anything wrong with what you are doing. My husband is just happy to have "all that baby crap" out of the house lol.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 3:10 PM on Jul. 6, 2010