How many of you realize......

the importance of the family eating together on a regular basis? I mean all sitting together at the table exchanging ideas and what the day has brought. If you create this habit, there will come a time where this dinner get together will be the only time to share with your children, how many of you do this now?
I am fully aware specially with active kids that schedules sometimes collide, but how many of you really make an effort to make this happens at least a couple of times a week?

Asked by older at 5:27 PM on Jul. 5, 2010 in Relationships

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • When we did this our family grew closer! It was worth the effort and one of the best things we ever did! I highly recommend it! It was harder when My DH worked different shifts and with kids in school it was hard. But we managed. Such a little thing like that can go a long way!!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 5:30 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• We don't sit at the table, mainly because that's where Ki does her art work and it's always covered with paint, glue, glitter, and who knows what else!
    We do sit on the couch and eat dinner on the coffee table together about 6 nights a week.
    I don't think it matters where you sit so long as you're together and talking. We turn off the tv and just sit, eat and talk. It's a lot of fun!
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 5:32 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• We do everyday,we always have

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:29 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• honestly, we dont do it as much as i would like. my husband can work late some nights, so he's not home for dinner....but me and my son will eat together.
    MommyToEthan

Answer by MommyToEthan at 5:31 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• we have at least 1 meal a day together as a family always
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 5:33 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• We also think it's very important so we try to eat dinner together every night. Granted, it doesn't always happen that way but I say we do better then most.
    vnw1405

Answer by vnw1405 at 5:33 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• we try but split familt
    two of three kids are at their moms 50 % of time
    but we also play horse basket ball together
    and games
    and encourage husband to take one of older kids on errands to spend one on one time
    i encourage him to try to bring up subjects that are importnant (kids 10 and 14) but i think he just has goof off time with them which is fine too
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 5:34 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I agree.  It is the main time for my family to connect.  We have always eaten dinner together but since my daughter and I have started working our schedules sometimes conflict with mealtimes.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 5:36 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• we do every night.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 5:38 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• We eat dinner together at our table every night unless their are unusual circumstances. Which is rare.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 5:39 PM on Jul. 5, 2010