A question for Jewish race or faith.

I am interested in Jesus's family. I would like to know if there are descendants from his siblings that exist in today's generations? I know John the Baptizer (cousin) was executed and I believe a brother, but I would appreciate the info and I will research also.

Thank You.

3gigglemonsters

Asked by 3gigglemonsters at 6:06 PM on Jul. 5, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Judaism is as much as race as Christianity is a race. Judaism is a religion.

The oldest group on CafeMom is the Jewish moms group; filled with warm and wise women,

You can also start learning here: http://www.urj.org/  and here http://www.chabad.org/

Answer by rkoloms at 6:38 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Thanks rkoloms. I dont mean any disrespect. I also dont mean any disrespect to thinking that every Jewish people know everything about Jesus. But thanks for all answers.
    3gigglemonsters

Comment by 3gigglemonsters (original poster) at 6:52 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

Judaism is also a race. People identify it as their heritage even if they no longer practice the faith. There are genetic markers specific to people of Jewish descent the same way there are genetic markers specific to people of Norwegian descent or Asian descent. Just because someone's family may have converted at some generation along the way doesn't make those factors disappear.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:57 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Please ignore the silly green face. She is a master at straying people from the question.
    3gigglemonsters

Comment by 3gigglemonsters (original poster) at 7:01 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

My bad, I'll be sure never to agree with you again. If you really want an answer to your question you should look into the haplotyping projects. Of you should've, before I told you, but since the answer came from me I guess you never can, now. Boy that hating people because they don't agree with everything you say thing must really make it hard to get things done.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:08 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• aw,I <3 the silly green face.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 3:50 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Not sure why this would be a question for Jewish people. I used to be in ministry and I also studied with a rabbi. I have perspectives on this. The main thing is, even if Jesus was married to Mary Magdalene and she did have children, would that be a cause for disbelief? I know some people think that is a terrible thing to even consider. There are some things in scripture and customs that make me think it could be possible, but it doesn't bother my beliefs in Jesus as Savior. Believing in some things not part of the essential beliefs that you accept as a Christian doesn't make you NOT a Christian and it doesn't make you a heathen either if on those non-essential beliefs you differ.
    joysings

Answer by joysings at 4:13 PM on Jul. 9, 2010