any other SAHM feel as if they lost their ambition?

i been a SAHM most of the time for the past 8 yrs, i hate it. i coudnt find a job anywhere so i decided to go back to college to get a degree i can use. i cant wait to out of the house for 4 to 8 hrs a day. im hoping once i get out of the house for a bit ill have more ambition to actually go through stuff we dont need in my free time. im sure thats easier said than done...

gothmama91

Asked by gothmama91 at 6:08 PM on Jul. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Oh, absolutely. That's why I'm starting college in August :) I visited the campus and saw where my classes are going to be! I can't wait!

caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 7:07 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I've been home 7 years. I don't like it. I also feel like I've lost my ambition and worse, that my skills are old and it worries me.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 6:18 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I think you could have both worlds. Find a part time job and stay home some days. Can you do that?
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 6:22 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I wouldn't say I lost my ambition but it definitely changed. There were many things I considered as a teenager but then I realized that I wanted to have kids. No point in going to med school or anything like that if you're going to have kids because it won't get used for many years if ever. I've been told that I'm wasting my brains but it's nonsense. I can't think of a single thing I'd rather be doing or a single thing that would be more worthy than being a SAHM.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 6:28 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• When my youngest was 15 mo old and I was going out of my mind with boredom, I started writing. Now it's what I do. Wife, Mom, Author. It's tough when the kids are really young, but it's only a short season of your life.

Your brain only rots if you let it. Start reading, start volunteering, hit the library and start exploring the things that fire your creativity!
    SusanTheWriter

Answer by SusanTheWriter at 7:50 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I am new to this site and I seen the slang page before but now I can't find it. I don't know what SAHM is. I was thinking and thinking and can't come up with anything sorry. I feel so dumb asking what the heck does it mean and where can I find that page it's in help some where. I just went there and can't find it
    seabrezze_11

Answer by seabrezze_11 at 6:20 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• there arent much for jobs here except for fast food and i cant do fast food. i tried it once i was fired my 3rd cause i couldnt keep up, and most fast food places here has swing shift and my hubby works 2nd shift and we cant afford to pay daycare at least not a lot. besides we decided once i graduate we are moving out of this gawd forsaken state. from the way things look my husband's job will be closing up, i just hope it last until next spring when i get my pharmacy tech license. i used to work in a pharmacy when i was in HS and loved it and know most of the basics
    gothmama91

Comment by gothmama91 (original poster) at 6:33 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• got it god how dumb do I feel stay at home mom I was reading your letter Rhondaveggie and it hit me god do you ever get that way. your mind just is not what it used to be. Sorry ladys for asking a stupied question...lol
    seabrezze_11

Answer by seabrezze_11 at 6:34 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• its ok seabrezze they say being pregnant kills brain cells lol they had a report on it, i think i seen it on the CNN website a while back, not sure if its true or not but thats my excuse....happy

gothmama91

Comment by gothmama91 (original poster) at 6:39 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I'm the same way! I was active duty military for almost 12 years and then I became a SAHM. I've been a SAHM for 4 years and I feel like I have not only lost myself, but my ambition along the way. It's hard to find work because I have that lapse in employment AND as a military spouse, we move around all the time so prospective employers take that into consideration because most of the time they want people who are going to stick around longer. I want to go back to school, but it's like my life revolves around my husband's schedule. Right now he is required to get his Associate's degree prior to transfering so he's in a hurry to get that. Three kids in full time daycare is too much money. It's a lose lose. I think that in order for me to be a better mother, I need to get out of the house and find something that is my own. It effing sucks. So, yes, I know exactly how you feel!!
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 6:51 PM on Jul. 5, 2010