could my daughter be teething??

my daughter is 4 months old and is putting everything in her mouth and sucking on it! she bites at her bottle and chews on it. i give her the ice rings and she likes those until they are warm. i have felt her gums and i dont feel anything or see anything coming up???

Caroline2010

Asked by Caroline2010 at 6:14 PM on Jul. 5, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes, it sounds like she is teething! Two of my 3 kids showed signs of teething at 3 months (lots of drooling, chewing etc.) but I could not see or feel anything until they were 5 months old. It can take a couple of months for them to come through so don't be surprised if you don't see/feel anything for a while. On the other hand, they can poke through at any time.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 6:17 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• it could be a sign that her teeth are on the way. my son was doing the same at that age but he didnt get his 1st tooth until he was 10mths
    shell394

Answer by shell394 at 6:16 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Yeah, sounds like it. Drooling is the no. 1 symptom. Everyone will give you different stories, fevers, runny noses, fussing. It runs the gamet. My kids were late teethers, but they drooled forever.
    Saya

Answer by Saya at 7:02 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Unfortunately, it seems like the entire first couple years of their little lives are spent teething! The drool is the sure sign...my son started with that right around 3 months old. But he got his teeth a lot earlier than most - he's 16 months old and already has 16 of his teeth. Good luck!
    crystalbean2

Answer by crystalbean2 at 10:15 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• My DD starting doing that at about 3-4 months and was like a constant sprinkler....I thought for sure that her first tooth was coming "any day now". Well, "any day now" was almost 8 months old!!!
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 12:38 PM on Jul. 9, 2010