Has anyone on here heard of First baptist church of Hamond IN. And Jack Hyles?

How do you feel about them? My family was tricked by them for a long time. Now I believe they are a cult. After alot of research I can't beleive he got away with sooo much stuff!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:19 PM on Jul. 5, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Is that the church that buses people from Chicago to? If so I went once and never went back. I thought it was kind of weird to bus people from Chicago to go to a church in Indiana. I was baptized there for the second time in my life, they told me that the first didn't take. I did it just for the heck of it.
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 6:30 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• WoW! I am glad i never went back! Granted that was like 17 years ago when that happened to me. I was in high school. I didn't go back because I ran into some girl I went to early grammar school, think 3rd and 4th grade, with and she creeped me out with how into the church she was. That and I thought it was creepy that they bused people from Chicago. Mind you, when I was asked and went in HS was the second time I was approached, I was also asked in 8th grade and was creeped out by them. Different people asking, same church. I went in high school because I was bored.
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 7:24 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I don't think they are a cult. They are a very conservative group of Christians...in todays society, it is not hard to see why some people would believe that they are a cult.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 6:30 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Yes it is the church that buses people from chicago and yes they are a cult. All the stuff that Jack hyles got away way with is awful and all the times he covered for his son David Hyles. You can google them and read books about them.
    They teach that you shouldn't even look at anything that is against the "man of God". The people just beleive it and don't question. People worship Jack Hyles. Its sick.
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 6:34 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Kurieguinn....You are not the only one they baptized again. Thay baptize everyone over and over. I had alot of freinds that were the staffs kids that were getting baptized every week.
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 6:36 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• No I havent heard.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 7:37 PM on Jul. 5, 2010