im been married for 4 yrs. and have two childen. but why do i still think about my ex boyfriend. i haven't even talked to him for many years.

why can't i stop thinking about my ex.

Asked by Anonymous at 1:33 PM on Jun. 28, 2008 in Relationships

• I think its normal. We all think of our past relationships and spouses. We wonder what could of been or whatever. You care about him and have unfinished business so to speak. I wouldn't recommend on acting on anything though. You're in the same boat as all of us ...don't worry.

Answer by amandaberry26 at 4:57 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• I think it is human nature to keep someone in the back of your mind. I call it the "what if" factor. My friends and I have discussed this many times. We (woman and men) have all admitted that we think of our ex or ex's from time to time. Plus, if you feel you had no closure in your breakup you may still have feelings deep down.

Answer by boyerbaby at 2:03 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• i agree with the OP, i think about my ex sometimes and its only because we never truly got to say goodbye... but i dont want him back, i love my hubby... but its just the "what if" factor

Answer by 4weeman at 2:19 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• Its normal human nature. Obviously this man had an impact on your life in some way. Its normal to think about him. I still think about the guy that I dated in high school 10 years ago. I haven't seen him in 5 years and I still think about him occasionally. I think about my ex husband often as well. Its just like thinking about some random memory from your childhood.

Answer by HeatherTurner at 4:54 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• I STILL talk to my first love from 1981. He will never, never leave my heart or mind. and we both feel the same way but have our seperate lives now. Who knows what the future may bring!!!!

Answer by strozilove at 10:21 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• i've had the same issues. i think it may not be the person but what you experience or what that person represents in your life... i finally made that discovery and i have been MUCH happier now that i understand that and the thoughts haven't been "missing him"... they have just been "that was fun back when..."... of course never saying it outloud :)

• Because you never got to slap his face!

Answer by GoldenWhite at 5:55 AM on Jun. 29, 2008