husband talking to his ex wife???

i know i shouldnt do it but i looked threw my husbands emails and found some from him and his ex wife! they talk about every 3 months and she still uses his last name and says i love u and stuff! he says it back sometimes! now this bitch took all his money maxed out the credit cards and filed for divorce and ran! y would he still talk to her?? they dont have kids together! we had our first child 4 months ago! i gave him a baby i have been by his side threw the depression, us having no money filing for bankruptcy!! EVERYTHING!!!! i dont understand!!! and to top it off im not allowed to talk to my ex's at all i had to change my phone number so they couldnt call me!!! so do i ask him about???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:18 PM on Jul. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• Yes. Be honest and tell him what you found. Apologise for the snooping but air your feelings about what you saw. If you don't you will just sit and stew over it and keep asking yourself questions and playing with your mind. So much better to just be honest and hopefully get the answers you are looking for.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 7:21 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Of course talk to him. Expect him to be upset that you snooped but it is important that you find out what is up with the situation.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 9:07 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• if they don't have a baby together, then there's absolutely NO reason for them to be talking. the decision is yours to make....risk a fight bc you went through his email, or get a reason from him for why he's talking to his ex...good luck.
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 7:22 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Yes especially when he told you not to talk to your ex! What's good for the goose is good for the gander!!
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 7:25 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Since they do not have any children together, he should not have any contact with her. You can't contact any of your exes. Talk about a double standard. I would definitely have a talk with him. I would not tolerate that.
    offrdngal

Answer by offrdngal at 8:08 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• i agree with all of these ladies.. why is he talking to her when they have no children?? talk to him and find out whats going on. good luck
    3xangel

Answer by 3xangel at 10:34 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• hell yeah talk to him. he only doesn't want you talking to YOUR exes because of his own guilty conscience apparently. i had an ex bf who was really good friends with his ex wife, but he TOLD me about it. they didn't have kids, but they married in the military and his family and friends became hers - he felt responsible for her and she also had a kid and was in an on and off relationship with the dad. it was really weird at first, but he introduced me, we went to her birthday party, & i did like her quite a bit and could see that they were truly friends. i DID draw the line when he started talking about helping her financially - i had a kid that needed help too & her kid had a dad. the bottom line is everything was all up front and honest and i was ok with it. i also had an ex bf i was friends with and we would go see his band. this is NOT what is going on in your marriage. the best i can say at least it's only once in a while
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 10:34 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• It sounds like emotional adultery, if you think that term is too strong then google it and see what you think. This behavior most definitely needs to be addressed. I know plenty of wives who have dealt with this and you are going to have to be strong. You can do it though!
    luvmycutebaby

Answer by luvmycutebaby at 10:54 PM on Jul. 5, 2010