my 18 mnth dd has a uti ...

shes on antibiotics but is there anything else I can do to make her more comfortable ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:23 PM on Jul. 5, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Lots of liquids : )
    mybabybugssmile

Answer by mybabybugssmile at 7:29 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• No more bubble bath or liquid bath soaps. Even the baby liquid soaps can cause UTI's in girls. Buy a Johnson's baby bar soap. If you can't find it, then use a sensitive Dove white bar. Let her go without a diaper as much as you can. If she's potty trained, be sure she's wearing cotton panties. Besides that, plenty of water.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 7:32 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Cranberry juice, water down of course. It has to be real cranberry juice so check the ingredients. Plenty of fluids. Also make sure you wipe both areas away from each other, to reduce the risk of getting another.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 8:21 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• water down cranberry juice and plenty of fluids. my daughter has had them and the doctors stressed the importance of no bubble baths and plenty of fluids
    rilya06

Answer by rilya06 at 9:52 PM on Jul. 5, 2010