I am really thinking sad today...

I haven't friends here in Las Vegas yet. I spoke to one person but they had strict rules as to friendship and well finding friends are hard. Does anyone else just get tired of the day to day chores?

Mommy2mj

Asked by Mommy2mj at 7:31 PM on Jul. 5, 2010 in Health

• everyone does hun I have a friend in Vegas who can make you smile let me know if you want me to hook you guys up she is a great woman and light hearted my best friend forever
    sweetjessa

Answer by sweetjessa at 7:33 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• If it is OK. I would like to meet someone nice.
    Mommy2mj

Comment by Mommy2mj (original poster) at 7:34 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I'm sorry. I live in Las Vegas too and I know it's a difficult town to make friends in. Also, I'm just not very good at making friends, so in five years here I haven't met made many close friends. How long have you been here?
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 7:34 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Try playgrounds and parks and speak casually with other moms. If you find that you click, then suggest that you two and the children go get ice cream or lunch or whatever at a nearby eatery. You may need to have get togethers with several moms before you find one or more that are comfortable for you. Also join groups- church, library story times, classes at the Y or college.

Answer by Bmat at 7:36 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I have lived here since August of last year. I just never found any reason to go out, my daughter is twelve and likes to be on the computer. So it's difficult.
    Mommy2mj

Comment by Mommy2mj (original poster) at 7:42 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Of course I hate day to day chores. It sucks. But other wise I would look like the people on the Messiest house show. I was raised in Vegas. It gets old. If you are bored try Red Rock. There is a small little area that is in the shade all day and has evergreen growing in it. Really cool in the middle of a desert. As far as friends I would recommend going to the local library reading time, there are other mom's with children the same age. Also the local Y has programs for mommy and me, bonus free child care while you work out (once you join of course).  I bet you can find a local MOPS group or the like.

Vegas can be overwhelming, keep trying. I found some of the most awesome ladies on here. I know there has to be a Vegas group here. GL and Hugs.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 7:54 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• My kids are a lot younger than yours so I've gotten a few more opportunities to meet other moms. I drive them to school and volunteer in their classrooms. I take them to swim classes and karate. They just turned 5 and 8 last month. I'm not sure what I will do to meet other moms when they're teenagers. What part of the valley are you in? I'm on the Northwest side.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:27 PM on Jul. 5, 2010