My sister n law and brother are broke and borrow money from me but are on face book all the time!

They say they don't have enough money for gas, food, and even clothing but they are constantly on face book posting pictures and talking to people all day long. It would not bother me so much if they were not borrowing money from my family and my widowed mother who doesn't have much. If they were broke where do they find the time to do this? Am I wrong for letting this irritate me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:36 PM on Jul. 5, 2010 in About CafeMom

• What does facebook have to do with money though? I wouldn't let them borrow money if you feel they don't deserve it.
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 7:38 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• since facebook is free, I don't see how that is a factor in being broke... your argument does not make sense. Just say it bugs you that they are always borrowing money. Facebook doesn't matter.

Anonymous

• It would irritate me also but what can you really do w/o causing all kinds of family problems? You can stop lending them money (which is what I would do). Are they posting on FB from the internet or from their phones? At least if it's from their phones than they don't have internet in their house.
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 7:40 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• They should be out looking for a job if they don't have one...I'm broke all the time I work and I go on here and face book..U don't have to have money to go to facebook
    seabrezze_11

Answer by seabrezze_11 at 7:40 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Facebook might have a factor because some people don't like to look for jobs and would rather sit on the computer all day and do "fun" things instead of looking for something important. Lazy people do this allllll the time.

I understand and would be frustrated too. I wouldn't lend anymore money to anyone unless they are making progress in looking for employment and stuff.
    Michele068

Answer by Michele068 at 7:41 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I don't think she's implying that Facebook takes money but that to use Facebook you must have internet access......so, how are they getting the money for internet when they don't have the money for food.
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 7:44 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• If they have a phone line they can get on the net
    seabrezze_11

Answer by seabrezze_11 at 7:52 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• some people just don't care what they do. They might have money they just don't want to use there own for anything. Just don't give them any just tell them u have no money either, and leave it at that..
    seabrezze_11

Answer by seabrezze_11 at 7:54 PM on Jul. 5, 2010