My 2 yr old has scarlet fever anyone else ever delt w this

we went to the dr today because we are all sick and while there my flush child started getting a rash all over his lil body well after a strep test we now know it is scarlet fever fun fun fun thank god antibiotic can cure it when I was a child I was hospitalized because of it anyone else ever have a child w scarlet fever

sweetjessa

Asked by sweetjessa at 7:37 PM on Jul. 5, 2010 in Kids' Health

• my child had it a couple of months ago but she is 4. then like 4 days after being on the aintibiotic she got pnemonia it was soo sad
    Shannon706

Answer by Shannon706 at 7:39 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Funny my son never had any of the usual childhood diseases but he did get scarlet fever, he must have been around 7 or maybe 8 but after the fever subsided, the skin of the palm of his hands and the bottom of his feet peeled, and his doctor back then told me to have his heart checked because sometimes the disease affects it, I did and there was nothing wrong.

Answer by older at 7:41 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Not mine,But she did get rosieolla which made her have high fevers for days then when they finally went wayw she broke out in a chicken pox looking rash all over her body.Hope he get better soon!
    hollistermom08

Answer by hollistermom08 at 1:39 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• My son had it when he was younger; he tended to get strep a lot and did develop scarlet fever once. He did not have to be admitted into the hospital or anything.

Hope your child feels better soon!
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 8:04 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• My 4 year old had it last year. He was on antibiotics for 7 or 10 days and it cleared it up.

I didn't even know kids still got this and was shocked when the doctor told us that's what it was.

Hope your little one starts feeling better soon.
    jms124

Answer by jms124 at 12:25 AM on Jul. 15, 2010