dye or not

I'm thinking of changing my hair color but the boxes I read say to go two shades lighter or darker,problem is I read red hair can't go lighter unless its done professionally. I don't have all kinds of cash but want a change. I was thinking of going with a darker red,my friends say I should go lighter,but I have lots of red in my skin and think going lighter would make look more washed out. What do ya think?

MarGeee

Asked by MarGeee at 7:40 PM on Jul. 5, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• If you go lighter then I would go professional. Its easy to go darker with stuff from a store but to go lighter just ends up going completely wrong unless it is done professional. That is my experience anyway!
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 7:42 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• i have red hair and i'v never been able to lighten it. i'v tried and it works for a week or so and it's like it washes out. a darker color with light skin will make you look more washed out.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 7:42 PM on Jul. 5, 2010