I am Hiv Positive...

I have been since 1995. How do people really feel about people with HIV? I've read the God, and Gay questions, but how do people here feel about people with HIV?
By the way I contracted it through a cheating boyfriend.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:08 PM on Jul. 5, 2010 in Health

• It scares me and makes me sad for you and others with it. i can't imagine having to live with it.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:10 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I new a someone from church he was in his 30's or probably late 40's passed away a few years ago he was HIV possitive and has been since he was 11 he had HIV because he had a blood transfusion when he was a kid. I don't see anything wrong with people that have it. I am a very friendly person so I get along with people know matter what they look like. If they are gay that doesn't bother me either as long as they don't start hitting on me lol. But no it doesn't bother me
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 8:12 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I feel sorry that you have to go through something like that due to a cheating boyfriend or anything for that matter. It scares me as well, I think any un-curable disease is scary for people...it's not personal.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 8:13 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• i feel sad for them. i can not even imaine living with a desease like that. and to get it through a cheating boyfriend! i would want to kill him!
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 8:14 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• It scares me. I'm sorry you have to go through that. I don't judge people with it, because you never know how they contracted it.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 8:15 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I'm so sorry to hear about your situation and it pisses me off when I hear stuff like this. People who cheat and give their SO a disease really make me mad because if they don't want to be in a committed relationship, then stop leading people on.
    browneyes27

Answer by browneyes27 at 8:16 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I would treat you no different than anyone else. You are still a person and should be treated as one.
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 8:16 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I accept you the way that you are.
    extremelibrary

Answer by extremelibrary at 8:18 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Although I hate to admit it, it scares me and I feel bad for you for having to live with this because of some jerk. However, I would try to treat you just like everyone else but I'm human and what scares me will make me a little cautious around you.
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 8:19 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• It actually doesnt bother me at all but I never met someone with HIV so maybe it would be different if I did
    drs1206

Answer by drs1206 at 8:21 PM on Jul. 5, 2010