IUD issues? HELP

i got my IUD about a year and a half ago and every thing was normal but last month i started my period around the 13-14 and i have been bleeding everyday since not heavy after the first week but then i stopped for 1 day and then today i had really sharp pains in my abdomen with unusuall bowel issues and a little dizziness... i can feel one string but think i may get it taken out becuase it is just rediculous... my fiance is going to get snipped soon and i dont think i can handle this much longer... have you had any problems with the IUD? should i get it taken out.... oh and i called the dr and she said abnormal periods are normal... then i did not have major cramps but now i do

jaksonsmommy

Asked by jaksonsmommy at 8:09 PM on Jul. 5, 2010 in Health

• If your fiance is getting snipped then just take it out.
    JacobsMommy05

Answer by JacobsMommy05 at 8:12 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I've heard that cramping and heavier periods are a big problem with IUD's. I was thinking about getting one after the birth of my third child but I read about too many problems with them so I decided to get my tubes tied instead. Good luck and make sure you go to the doctor to get it taken out.
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 8:16 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• i had all kinds of problems with it. i ended up getting it taken out early. it was just too much stress and was not worth it anymore.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 8:17 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• mine did this too about a year into it. I went in and had every test possible and ultra sounds. went home freaking out waiting for answeres and then my period stopped. my dr called nothing wrong she says its like my body finally figured out that it was there and was adjusting to it. I havent had a period since. and i wouldnt use any other form of bc!
    Go in and see what the dr says, but i really truely love the IUD and I've gotten pregnant 2x on the pill. :)
    roxyann76

Answer by roxyann76 at 9:30 PM on Jul. 5, 2010