So why does my neighbor feel the need to compete with me? I buy something, she does for her kids, my child gets a new bathing suite hers does, a outfit, sneakers, flip flops, toys, you name it. Really annoying. I use to think it was just me, but no..she is just doing it for no reason

bellamommyof4

Asked by bellamommyof4 at 8:09 PM on Jul. 5, 2010 in General Parenting

• Who cares?

If she wants to play keeping up with the Jones' let her...it ain't like she is spending YOUR money! lol

Shoot, I'd mess with her and get empty boxes from Best Buy and put them out front so she can go waste a few thousand on the newest tv

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:15 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Some people just fel the need to one -up others to make themselves fel better.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:11 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Just take it as a complement.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 8:12 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Funny how people do that everywhere. Just how it is...I have had that happen to me so many times by different people.One time as a teenager I was looking at a shirt in a store, my one friend was with me.I didn't have the money with me so I didn't say a thing about it and went home for the money.On the way to go back to the store I stopped at my friends house to go with me.SHE HAD THE SHIRT ON lol...needless to say I was quite ticked at her. Of course we both got over it...but just goes to show so many times people don't want something until they see someone else have it...then they just have to have it too.
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 8:12 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Sounds like jealousy and insecurities on her part. Why can't people just be happy with what they already have and happy for someone else?
    browneyes27

Answer by browneyes27 at 8:12 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I should mention to explain .... all she needed to do was see me pay too much attention to the shirt..she knew I liked it...so then so did she. lol
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 8:13 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• lmao!!!!!!!!! @ sweetakins!
    bellamommyof4

Comment by bellamommyof4 (original poster) at 8:17 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I think you should start volunteering at a homeless shelter and see if she follows suit. Maybe you could get her to be a better person simply by having her "compete" with you. LOL.. you could really get creative with this!! Run for school board or something of the kind and then pull out at the 12th hour... she will be there stuck with the job. Oh please we can have fun with this!
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 8:18 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• LOL...you guys are to much lol!
    bellamommyof4

Comment by bellamommyof4 (original poster) at 8:21 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Tell her your a swinger....

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:24 PM on Jul. 5, 2010