Is it people from California????

I read the questions on here about exceptance and religion. I wonder if because I am from California that I don't really care if whoever is whoever. Where I grew up people did not hate for any reason. I never heard racial words.
But yet it seems to be happening in this country. That stinks.

Mommy2mj

Asked by Mommy2mj at 8:17 PM on Jul. 5, 2010 in Health

• I too am from CA and being that it is SO diverse here... I think we are exposed to more and have an acceptance of more. Some people simply have never been exposed to anything out of their small area.

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 8:23 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• sahlady makes a good point. i grew up in a small town. everyone there can be so hateful to people who are different. any kind of minority. i live in a big city now and everyone is equally hateful to everyone else. lol
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 8:27 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• California is a good place!
    Mommy2mj

Comment by Mommy2mj (original poster) at 8:27 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• EVERYWHERE there are racists. Everywhere you go there are people who use racial slurs and use racial humor.
    I understand that where you grew up specifically you didn't hear it, but that doesn't mean it didn't exist. You just didn't hear it from who you knew. But I garuntee you there were people in the same town, maybe even houses down who had some nasty things to say about another race.

Even in the most culturally diverse neighborhoods there is racial hatred. Unfortunately, but it's true.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:31 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• In California those people would have to be afraid to leave their homes, Haha.
    Mommy2mj

Comment by Mommy2mj (original poster) at 9:35 PM on Jul. 5, 2010