Any ideas on where to get good pregnancy insurance from?

I'm not sure we'll be able to get on medicaid.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:20 PM on Jul. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I didn't even know you could purchase insurance just for pregnancy. I can tell you that a midwife would be a cheaper route if you need to private pay. We have insurance, but if we did not everything from the first visit through my postpartum care would be $3500 with our midwife and that is with a homebirth as well. Best wishes!
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 8:27 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• It's hard to find. You have to get an individual policy with maternity. However, usually the maternity coverage won't kick in until you've been paying premiums for 12 months. Best way to do it - get a job that has great insurance benefits! Those will start 0-90 days after your start date and should carry you through the entire pregnancy. Good luck! And if you find anything better - please let me know because I need it too!
    Katt709

Answer by Katt709 at 8:44 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Not too sure.. Just make sure you aren't pregnant before obtaining insurance. Pregnancy can be considered a pre-existing condition.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 9:35 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Try your state anyway, even if you don't qualify for medicaid you could still qualify for state pregnancy insurance. We don't even come close to qualifying for medicaid, food stamps, etc. but I have gotten on state pregnancy insurance for both of my pregnancies. It NEVER hurts to ask, the worst they can do is tell you no. But if you can get it, it can save you a lot of money!
    luvmycutebaby

Answer by luvmycutebaby at 11:13 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I hate to say this, but you should have had insurance before getting pregnant... Seems like you're not mature enough to have a child. Will you be getting insurance for the child after it's born? Will you be able to afford it?  I just don't think people who don't think everything through and can't afford it, just aren't ready to get pregnant!

smokisses

Answer by smokisses at 5:47 AM on Jul. 6, 2010