I can't stop binge eating

I can be a emotional eater at times and I want to stop this negative cycle before it's too late. I have cut back on the sweets, but I can't stop with the "clean plate" syndrome. I feel that it's wasting food if I don't clean the plate, and I could use some advice from people who've been thru this and found positive ways to stop overeating.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:25 PM on Jul. 5, 2010 in Health

• Use a smaller plate. Maybe even use a baby bowl or something. Try eating with chopsticks only and you will end up eatIng less. Drink lots of water before your meal because it makes you feel full and you will eat less. Choose a day out of the wk that you designate for eatng whatever you want. This day you can hve guilt free eating, but if your stickng to eating right during the wk you might slowly give up your bad day of eating and learn t eat it in mderation. Good luck
    ProudMammaMia

Answer by ProudMammaMia at 9:03 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I have issues with this, too. I am a smash the dozen dieter (I dropped one egg, so I might as well smash the whole dozen) so when I eat something I should have eaten, I just throw the whole day away and eat whatever I want. It's stupid, and I know it. We just had both kids' birthdays so our house is full of snack foods. Somewhere in my messed up logic, I thought it would be a good idea to just hurry up and eat all the junk so it would be out of the house. Doesn't make much sense. :(
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 8:33 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I serve myself half of what I think I will eat at home. In restaurants, I ask for a doggie bag before I start my meal and put half in the bag (or box.) When I feel myself really slipping, I start writing down every bite I put in my mouth. Then I can usually get myself back on track.
    Eris822

Answer by Eris822 at 8:35 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• something I *shouldn't* have eaten. I wish we could edit answers.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 8:39 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

•  

I usally  either  put less on my plate so if I feel I  have to finish, then it`s not as much, or I will eat half at one meal and the other half the next meal. I also put a small portion of the main meal on my plate and then fill the rest of my plate with a huge salad and it feels me up without having all the huge calories. This has worked  for me and I have lot`s 18 pounds so far, in two mnths. Good luck!!

Saiyangirlpan

Answer by Saiyangirlpan at 8:40 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• use a smaller plate if you feel you have to clean your plate.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 8:44 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• yes you can stop. you know you have a problem so correct the problem, go see a psychologist
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 8:49 PM on Jul. 5, 2010