Should Michael Steele resign?

Do you think he should go?

Think he is right on point?

Has he helped or hindered the party and the fundraising?

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 8:26 PM on Jul. 5, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• But I will say he has said MANY things that OTHERS would have been fired for...but IMO, they painted themselves in a cornor, they gave him that position because of his race and they don't want to fire him BEACUSE of it
    ____________________
    I can't wait to see what happens. I bet he goes down. True, he has said a lot that others couldn't...entertaining at least! :D
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 9:09 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• There are very few Politicians who are on point 100% of the time. Should he resign? I don't think so. Should Republicans wake up and listen to the priorities cried out for in this nation? Yes. This nation needs fiscally responsible leaders who aren't afraid to cut costs and cut government... jmo.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:26 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Only if Biden has to go, too. Though that would be sad, since Biden is so entertaining.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:06 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I knew this would happen! I swear I did! I am too lazy to search now but I swear I answered a question saying he would be the fall guy for Republicans, because if you ask me they picked him because he was black, but they didn't fully support him. He's too moderate in opinion and too outspoken of a guy.. Mark my words again...the next one will be a white guy. Watch. (I hope I have to eat my words about this.)
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 8:43 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I dont think he was right on point but I dont see why someone expresses there opinion they need to resign. Isnt this america and dont we have free speech
    drs1206

Answer by drs1206 at 8:27 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

Absolutely, but it isn't about one statement. More like a pattern where his party seems to not have confidence in him. I would say that in one way, he has at least brought atention...I couldn't even tell you who the last RNC leader was...but its usually for bad reasons. Like The elected officials having to eiteher defend him, or out right disagree with him on a fundamental level.

sweet-a-kins

Comment by sweet-a-kins (original poster) at 8:33 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Stacy, I KNOW they didn't support him, in the beginning they tried to CHANGE the way things were run so that he couldn't have all the same powers the last RNC leader had over budget, policy and other things....

But I will say he has said MANY things that OTHERS would have been fired for...but IMO, they painted themselves in a cornor, they gave him that position because of his race and they don't want to fire him BEACUSE of it

sweet-a-kins

Comment by sweet-a-kins (original poster) at 8:48 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• "I dont think he was right on point but I dont see why someone expresses there opinion they need to resign. Isnt this america and dont we have free speech"

They only make Republicans resign?

Free speech he has a right to his opinion.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 9:07 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

If it were up to ME, he wouldn't resign for the same reason Biden shouldn't...they are so damn entertaining! Hell my dream 2012 ticket for republicans would be Palin / Steele!! If not, I would at the very least like to see a Steele led television show..I'd watch and so would my hubby....That guy is HILARIOUS

sweet-a-kins

Comment by sweet-a-kins (original poster) at 9:10 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Yes, he should go.
    Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 12:13 AM on Jul. 6, 2010