What actions should be taken in the wars?

Are you for a pull out now?

Do you think strategy should be changed? if so in what way?

Do you think in 5 years we will still be in active war in AF?

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 8:28 PM on Jul. 5, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Get out now!!

How many more of men and women need to die for your statement "finish it"?
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 9:15 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I think we are in it and need to finish it. Give the commanders whatever the heck they ask for, and give them a year.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 8:46 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Quit tying one arm behind our solders back, and let them fight to win like they have been trained to do.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 12:08 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Then amazing men and women who went into the military knew they would be risking thier lives for the sake of our country. It is the unfortunate side of war, but it has to be finished.
    lawmom27

Answer by lawmom27 at 9:54 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I am not a military scholar, so I think that we should leave the strategy of war to those who DO know. It doesn't matter what the general populace thinks we should be doing, the military commanders do have more knowledge in this arena than anyone else, and I trust their judgment. I do think that it is really unwise to announce a pull-out date, though.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 10:55 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Finish what we started! That's my opinion.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 12:30 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

•  a year, I wish!

I highly DOUBT it will only be a year no matter HOW MANY soldiers they send. We have 3 times the soldiers we had there 2 years ago....and still NO CLOSER

sweet-a-kins

Comment by sweet-a-kins (original poster) at 8:50 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• For those saying fight ti win and let the soldiers do what they are trained for. How many years have we been at it? We now have 3 times the amount of forces there with results tepid at best....What is your suggestion to make the situation better

sweet-a-kins

Comment by sweet-a-kins (original poster) at 7:59 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I see two options:

Either let the commanders do their jobs without interference and give the soldiers everything they need to completely overwhelm the enemy, finish their missions, and decisively win the wars so that they can come home as soon as possible;

or

pull everyone out immediately.

I prefer the first option. This half-way fighting must stop. And this announcing our plans to the entire world must stop. The president has to accept the fact that he doesn't truly understand military operations, and that's okay. He has to trust that his military commanders do, and he has to let them do their jobs. Either do it right or bring everyone home.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 9:15 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Does finishing mean we are building 14-air bases and a pipeline?
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:37 AM on Jul. 6, 2010