Can you truly forgive everyone?

Is it still considered forgiveness if you never forget and never trust them again?

rhianna1708

Asked by rhianna1708 at 8:49 PM on Jul. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Me personally...NO.
    SassyStinger

Answer by SassyStinger at 8:51 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• IMO,you shouldn't forget. Depending on the severity of it,trust might be gone for good. Forgiveness is for your peace of mind,not theirs.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:51 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Personally I don't think that is forgiveness. But that is me personally
    My3LittleGirls

Answer by My3LittleGirls at 8:52 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• That is a hard ? honestly. Yes, I can forgive easily but there are people I wont forget nor will I trust again and I don't think that is bad...
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 8:52 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• My husband cheated on me and after a long time I finally forgave him but I will never forget what he did. I tell myself that I trust him but then i find myself looking through is phone. I think trust takes a lot longer to earn then forgiving someone.
    drs1206

Answer by drs1206 at 8:54 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I don't believe it is possible to forgive someone unless they are sorry and ask you too, and then sets out to make restitution.....unless they do this, forgiveness is just swallowing the pain, and to much burden on the person who receives no justice.....a person must earn trust and the process takes years.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 8:55 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• forgiving someone and trusing them are two different things. it's not worth it to hold a grudge and anger, it's bad for your health. but it doesnt mean you have to trust that person.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 8:58 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Some people will say that it is forgiveness if you don't harbor bad feelings toward the person, but exercise more caution in the future so they can't hurt you again. Others would say that is not forgiveness. Sometimes I make a decision to forgive, then realize that I'm still upset. I pray and ask God to help me forgive from the heart.

I knew a couple whose adult daughter was violently murdered. They went to the jail and spoke to her killer, telling him that they forgave him and that forgiveness is available to him through the Lord Jesus. I was amazed at their strength when I heard that story. I don't know that I could have done that. I think that is true forgiveness.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 8:58 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I don't believe it is forgiveness unless you can forget. It definately is not forgiveness if you don't trust them again.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 8:59 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Can you forgive everyone? I mean could you forgive Hitler? NO not everyone.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 10:42 PM on Jul. 5, 2010