has anybody ever had CPS called on them? and what did you do? was it a false claim??

Tink333

Asked by Tink333 at 1:51 PM on Jun. 28, 2008 in General Parenting

• I have, twice. The first time was a few years ago when my son snuck out of the house. The police found him running up and down a busy road. He was 4. They called CPS on us. The worker came to the house and interviewed us and our son. She declared that there was no neglect and closed the case.

The second time was a few months ago. My son's school called on us. There was a long list of complaints, most of them either overly exaggerated or completely false.

I just remained calm and aswered their questions. Took them on a tour of the house (they asked for it). Showed them the inside of my fridge and cubboards in the kitchen. Showed them the backyard and tool sheds. etc. They talked with my son (not my daughter because she hardly talks). They came twice and then closed the case.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 2:02 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• No, I haven't personally. If it ever happened to you, I would recommend that you make records of all visits and politely let them know you'll be recording everything either with video or sound. SOME of those people can be nasty and you don't want anything you say or do to be misconstrued. If they don't have a warrant to come inside, don't let them inside.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 2:02 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• If you want I'll give you more details. Just message me. There isn't enough room here to write everything.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 2:04 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• i had them called on me about a year ago. i had let someone come stay with me and after they wouldnt pay the rent i kicked that person out and they called one me. the caseworker found absolutly no signs of neglet and that person got in trouble for a false claim.
    4weeman

Answer by 4weeman at 2:17 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• My Ex used to call them repedely when we got divorced, untill the CPS investigator ruled all his claims unwarrented. Then I insisted she file charges against him for making false unwarrented reports. (It is a crime) She did, and he did spend a few weekends in jail over it. You have to have made 3 false unwarrented claims in a year to have charges pressed against the offender. But my ex never made a false claim again.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:24 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• Also I do not reccoment you REFUSE entry to CPS on the basis of no warrent.  ANY claim against you gives CPS the right to enter your home, and investigate.  To refuse them will get your kids yanked out of your home ASAP before the investigation starts. It makes you look like you have something to hide.  Let them in, and YES record them if you can. Some case workers think they are God.  Above all STAY CALM.  Getting defensive or rude only makes you look guilty.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:28 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• Child Protective Services “CPS” False Accusations — Family Rights ...
    Family Rights and Child Protective Services - false accusations of child abuse and neglect by Child Protective Services - CPS - DHS - HHS.
    www.fightcps.com/ - 70k
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:29 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• Back in April, my cousin called on me. She said that my kids were dirty, my house was filthy, I had no foods, we had no beds, and my kids aged 3 and 1 were running wild up and down the street alone. All lies, 100%. The caseworker came out and looked around. The house was clean, the kids were clean, there were groceries, beds, etc. I even had a pot roast cooking. She called a few references then I never heard from her again.
    TBKSuperMama

Answer by TBKSuperMama at 3:33 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• My friend's ex accused my daughter who couldn't crawl at the time of some pretty nasty things. The claim was quickly dismissed, but so was my friend. No friendship is worth putting my family at risk because of a psyco ex
    h3art2h0m3

Answer by h3art2h0m3 at 3:54 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• yes actually twice both times was in founded. once for leaving my baby un supervised i was laying on the couch and she was in her room. Second for a messy house.
    supermomofgirls

Answer by supermomofgirls at 3:56 PM on Jun. 28, 2008