our dog took off today....

and it's not like him at all! i let him out this morning to go potty, and run, and an hour later he was gone. it's not like him, we checked the neighborhood, and neighboring streets and nothing. it's like he disappeared. he's terrified of everything (he was abused before we adopted him), and is very attached to us. i don't know what to do..i've posted on craigslist under pets and lost and found, hoping that someone found him..and i plan on calling the humane society tomorrow, since they close at 5, at we were out looking for him all day. any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:05 PM on Jul. 5, 2010 in Pets

• talk to the neighbors and let them know. they may have seen him.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 9:08 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Is he chipped? Hopefully someone finds him and turns him in but check CL for posts on found dogs in your area and call ALL pounds everyday. If you get him back chip him.
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 9:09 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Sorry to hear that. I have two dogs. Their very loving.
    Mommy2mj

Answer by Mommy2mj at 9:12 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• put up pics all over of your beloved putch,,,every tree, every telephone poll. In our area there is a web site to the animal shelter and they put pics up of rescued dogs. Hoping he follows his nose back to his food bowl tonight hon
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 9:16 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I would keep driving around, take a walk with some treats. You can also put up some posters! Keep calling the animal rescues as well. Good luck and I really hope your find your dog :)
    Milaya2

Answer by Milaya2 at 9:17 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Bumped Jennifer588
    I found a lost dog in my yard. She was very hungry and very dirty so I assumed she had been out a while. She was chipped and her owners came to pick her up form the dumb friends league where I took her. I swear I saw that same dog a few days ago just down the street, so someone may be holding him to take him in tomorrow like I did. Best of luck!
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 9:17 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• thanks for all the answers ladies....i went to the humane society today and filled out a lost puppy form, and they had me do a walkthrough, and by the time i got done with it, someone had already called about him. so he's back home with us.
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 8:55 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Glad you found him Hope you're putting up a fence to keep him safe! : )
    Sara.Robyson

Answer by Sara.Robyson at 11:03 PM on Jul. 6, 2010