SAHM - do you have a really good routine?

I am a pretty new SAHM of a 4yr,2yr,and 4mo. old. I have been kinda bumming it lately and feel really guilty- my house should be cleaned and i should do more games and learning activities with my kids- i just do not feel like i have the energy or know where to start...looking for suggestions -not bashing. thanks for any ideas----

srqmommy

Asked by srqmommy at 9:24 PM on Jul. 5, 2010 in General Parenting

• I have daily and weekly routines. Each day I do my morning chores; stuff like emptying the dishwasher, putting on laundry, and doing the bathroom once-over. After that I do my weekly chore for the day; kitchen on monday, bathroom on tuesday, living room on wednesday, and bedrooms on friday. I'm almost always finished with that before lunch although I could be finished by about 10am if it weren't for play breaks and snack breaks and the host of other kid requirements. We have lunch and then spend the afternoon doing fun stuff or errands before making dinner. After dinner I clean up then put the wee man to bed. If my hubby is working late I do the ironing because he tends to work late 1-2 nights a week so that's plenty of time.

Figure out what you need to do and how often then fit that in around your kids schedules and personalities.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 9:32 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Sometimes I am ahead of things like today, so I am on the computer.
    Mommy2mj

Answer by Mommy2mj at 9:25 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I wish i could be ahead of things! I just feel almost depressed all the time! :( not in a like a crazy suicidal way, just unmotivated and sleepy!
    srqmommy

Comment by srqmommy (original poster) at 9:32 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• How bout joining a group for sahms here in cm?
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 9:33 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• thats a good idea beyondhopes...and i really like your suggestion rhonda..it sounds so simple and i guess really it is i just really need to get more motivated!
    srqmommy

Comment by srqmommy (original poster) at 9:37 PM on Jul. 5, 2010